Keto Avocado Nacho Fries Recipe
One day while driving this idea to make Nacho Fries out of Avocados hit me, so now we have this tasty Keto Avocado Nacho Fries Recipe to be thankful for. There are a few easy tips and tricks to getting this to turn out just right, but rather than frying them we opted to bake them in a cast iron skillet. You could of course also make these in an air fryer too if you want to. I prefer to make them in the cast iron skillet because it just seems to present much easier, and then you don’t have to worry as much about the avocados falling apart when you try to remove them.
Depending on how ripe your avocados are when you make them, these Avocado Nacho Fries can have varying degrees of firmness. If you like them to be more solid and have a firmer bite to them then use a less ripe avocado. Don’t use an avocado that is overly ripened, as that might not survive the part where you coat them in pork rinds. Sometimes you can just grab the avocado slices right up and eat them, other times a fork is recommended.
KETO AVOCADO NACHO FRIES RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Medium
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 to 2 Large Ripe Avocados
- 1/2 Bag Pork Rinds
- 3 Teaspoons Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheeses or Pepper Jack
- 1/4 Can RoTel Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 2 TBSP Sour Cream
- 1 Jalapeno (Sliced)
- 1 Fresh Green Onion (Sliced)
- In a Food Processor grind up the bag of Pork Rinds until they are all tiny little crumbs, like the size of bread crumbs.
- Peel and Slice Avocados into 8 pieces each if you can, and set on some parchment paper while we work on coating them.
- Season the Avocado Slices with the half of the seasoning, and season the pork rinds with the other half.
- Dip the Avocado Slices one at a time into the pork rind dust and press the pork rinds gentle into the soft flesh of the Avocado Slice.
- Set the Avocado Slices back on the Parchment Paper when you are done.
- If necessary, Repeat this process once more by putting the already coated Avocado Slices back into the Pork Rind crumbs one at a time and re-coat them to make sure they are extra coated on every nook and cranny.
- Place Avocado Slices in a Cast Iron Skillet (Or in your Air Fryer Basket if you prefer) with spacing between them so that they can properly crisp all around.
- Bake the Avocado Slices in the oven at 400*F for about 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven when the pork rinds begin to get a dark golden brown color.
- Sprinkle half the Shredded Cheese on top of the Avocado Slices, and place the RoTel Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies in the middle of the pan on top of the Avocado Slices.
- Sprinkle the remaining Cheese on top of the tomatoes and return to the Oven for about 3-5 minutes more to properly melt the cheese and warm up the tomato mixture.
- Carefully remove from the oven again, and garnish with Sour Cream and Green Onions, or other favorite Nacho Toppings of your choice. (Hot Sauce is always a good idea!)