Keto Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
One of my main goals with using different recipes is to try to always change up the flavors of that I am eating from day to day. Rather than just make the same old style of Chicken Salad, I opted to spice up the dish by making it into a Keto Curry Chicken Salad. Here in the US we tend to not each much Curry, but overseas in India and Great Britain they eat it quite often. To us Americans it might seem like a rather exotic flavor, but it is super easy to make, and the Tumeric used in the dish is also a really good natural anti-inflammatory too.
What makes this dish Keto-friendly in particular are a few subtle changes to the recipe as opposed to other Chicken Salad recipes out there. For starters we are including the Dark Meat and the White Meat, where it seems like most Chicken Salad recipes just call for the White Meat only these days. We need those fats from the dark meat to get the Macros up in this dish. Then we switch out the Mayonnaise for a brand that actually produces a keto-friendly Mayo (aka. No Soybean Oil, Canola Oil, etc.), and we leave out the grapes and other odd things that people always seem to want to add to chicken salad that always throws my tastebuds off.
Curry can be made spicy or savory, as the Tumeric and Cumin have no real spicy qualities to their flavor in the first place. If you are concerned about spicy dishes, then just choose to leave the Cayenne Pepper out, and replace it with Paprika (not Smoked Paprika though). You can also feel free to enhance this dish in any way that you want to make it more to your liking. I know that some people will add Macadamia Nuts or something similar to it.
You can either serve this Curry Chicken Salad on Romaine Lettuce Leaves as I pictured in the recipe, or be more creative and use it as a dip for some Cheese Whisps, or make some Cloud Bread or some of our Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits and turn this into a sandwich.
KETO CURRY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: None
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 Whole Rotisserie Chicken (Chilled)
- 1 Cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1 TBSP Tumeric
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 4-5 Green Onions
- 2 Large Celery Stalks
- This recipe is most convenient to make from a Rotisserie Chicken, which you will want to be about 2.5 to 3 LBS in size. Start by removing the Breast Meat, Thigh Meat, and Leg Meat and either shred by hand or chop up with a knife and place in a Large Mixing Bowl.
- Cut the Celery stalks in half length-wise and then dice them into 1/4″ thick chunks, and add to the Large Mixing Bowl.
- Cut up the Green Onions, including the green and the white parts, into about 1/4″ thick slices.
- Medium Mixing Bowl we will prepare the Curry Seasoning by combining 1 TBSP Tumeric, 1 TBSP Cumin, 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper, 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (If you don’t want the final dish to have some spice to it you can substitute this with Paprika instead).
- Add 1 Cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo to the Curry Seasoning and stir until fully blended.
- Pour the Curried Mayo on top of the chopped chicken in the mixing bowl, and stir with a form or spatula until equally coated.
- You can either serve this right away, or store in an air-tight container for up to two days in the fridge. It may last even longer in the fridge, but I have only personally stored it for up to 2 and it lasts just fine. Beyond that and I just personally get weirded out by things that have mayo in them.