An Air Fryer has got to be one of the best kitchen gadgets to have around. We have cooked nearly everything in our air fryer, from meats to veggies, and even some desserts. These Keto Air Fried Pickle Chips are no exception, and they turn out delicious every time.
We like to make these Keto Pickle Chips as a snack or as an appetizer, and they really do remind us of some gastro-pub appetizers that we used to enjoy getting out to eat. We are even tempted to try to recreate the fried green beans that we have seen before too.
One of the tricks to getting these to turn out the best in the air fryer is to space these Pickle Chips out so that they are not overlapping or touching. You can feel free to make variations to the seasonings or the recipe as you see fit, and we always love to hear your feedback in the comments section at the bottom of this page. Please enjoy the video and be sure to like and subscribe to our social media accounts to get more great Keto Daily recipes.
KETO AIR FRIED PICKLE CHIPS RECIPE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 Minutes
- 1 Cup Dill Pickle Slices
- 4 Cups Pork Rinds
- 3/4 Cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Large Cage-Free Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Dill Weed
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dill Weed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chives
- 1/4 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- In a Food Processor grind up 4 cups of Pork Rinds.
- Reserve 1/2 Cup of Pork Rinds in a Separate Bowl.
- For the remaining Pork Rinds, add 1/2 Cup Almond Flour, 2 Tablespoons Dill Weed, 2 Teaspoons Paprika, 2 Teaspoons Black Pepper and mix together well.
- Crack 1 Large Egg into a small shallow bowl, and add 3/4 Cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and mix well with the Egg.
- Spray the Air Fryer with a cooking oil spray of your preference. We particularly like the Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray, which works very well in the air fryer.
- Dip the Pickle Slices into the bowl with the plain Pork Rind crumbs first, then dredge them into the egg and hot sauce mix. Lastly coat the Pickles in the seasoned Pork Rind and Almond Flour mixture before placing the pickles carefully into the air fryer.
- Cook the Pickles at 390*F for about 8 to 10 minutes. There should be no need to shake them during cooking, as that can loosen the coating.
- To make the optional Avocado Mayo Ranch, combine 3 Tablespoons of Avocado Oil Mayo, 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons of Sour Cream, 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice, 1 Teaspoon Parsley Flakes, 1/2 Teaspoon Dill Weed, 1/2 Teaspoon Chives, 1/4 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic, 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder, 1/4 Tablespoon Salt, and 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper.
- Refrigerate the Ranch until ready to serve with the Pickles.
NOTE: You can also make these Keto Air Fried Pickle Chip in the oven too if you use a baking rack to elevate the Pickle Chips up off the Baking Sheet. If you do, still be sure to spray the rack with the Avocado Oil Spray. Cooking time will likely take a bit longer in a conventional oven compared to the Air Fryer.