This Keto Almond Crusted Fish Recipe works great with many different types of fish fillets to make a quick and easy Keto Dinner. We have tried it on Trout, Tilapia, Cod, and even Catfish, and it’s good either way. For a side we will often pair it with a cheesy vegetable, like Broccoli or the Brussels Sprouts shown below in the written recipe and video.
We chose to feature the Cheesy Brussels Sprouts as a suggested side dish, since that is one of the veggies that we like to eat at home on a regular basis. Feel free to swap for your favorite choice of sides when you make it.
For the fish, we recommend using whatever fish you can get that is fresh, rather than cooking from frozen, so that can vary by the region that you live in or even the time of year that it is. The fish will tend to have a better flavor if it was not cooked from frozen.
As far as using this recipe for meal prepping, the fish does re-heat surprisingly well, but we would not making this more than two days ahead of time, unless you plan to freeze it.
KETO ALMOND CRUSTED FISH WITH CHEESY BRUSSELS SPROUTS
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 Minutes
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds
- 2 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 3 Fillets of your preferred Fish
- 3/4 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt (Divided)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper (Divided)
- 1/3 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Pound Brussels Sprouts
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Tablespoon Grass-Fed Butter
- 4 Cloves Fresh Garlic (Minced)
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- Add 1 Cup Raw Almonds in a Food Processor and pulse until finely ground (Preferably a little more coarse than Almond Flour)
- Transfer the Crushed Almonds to a Wide and Shallow Bowl, and Season with 2 Teaspoons of Smoked Paprika and stir to combine evenly.
- Season your Fish Fillets with Pink Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper on both sides.
- Coat each of the Fish Fillets with the 1/3 Cup of Dijon Mustard on both sides.
- Dredge the Coated Fish Fillets in the Almond Mixture and press the mixture lightly into the flesh of the fish to help it get fully coated.
- Heat up 1 Teaspoon of Coconut Oil in a Large Skillet or Frying Pan over Medium Heat, and place the Fish Fillets in once the Coconut Oil is heated up.
- Cook on each side for 3-4 Minutes, or until the fish is fully cooked.
- Transfer the Cooked Fish Fillets to a clean plate, there should be no need to line the plate with a Paper Towel as the Fish should not come out oily.
- Cut up 1 Pound of fresh Brussels Sprouts by either cutting them in halves or quarters (depends on their size and your preference).
- Grate 3/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese, and set aside.
- In a Large Frying Pan or Skillet heat up 1 Tablespoon of Grass-Fed Butter over Medium Heat.
- Add the Brussels Sprouts to the Buttered Pan, and stir quickly to coat them evenly with the Butter.
- Season the Brussels Sprouts with 1/2 Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt and 1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- Add in 4 Cloves of fresh minced Garlic, and stir well.
- Cover the Brussels Sprouts and Cook Covered for about 15 minutes to soften.
- Add 4 Ounces of Cream Cheese, and stir.
- Season with 1/8 Teaspoon of Nutmeg.
- Pour in the 2 Tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream, and add the 3/4 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Stir over Medium Heat until the Cheeses are melted.