Keto Bagel Recipe
Our Keto Bagel Recipe is quite simple, and make delicious bagels that can be made a variety of ways and with a multitude of toppings. There is the ever-so-popular Everything Bagel seasoned with the Everything Seasoning, and even a more traditional Lox Bagel made with Cream Cheese, Smoked Salmon, and Capers.
You can store your unused Keto Bagel either on the counter in an air-tight container for 2-3 days. Or in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. I always prefer to eat these the day they are made, because like most foods they taste best when they are fresh. Some people even freeze the unused dough for use at a later time.
The recipe yields about 9 full-sized bagels, so if you want to make more or less you can just multiply or divide the recipe as needed.
One of the best parts about eating these Keto Bagels is that even though it may look and taste like a Bagel, you are really just eating Eggs, Nuts. and Cheese so it’s a nutritious Breakfast!
Let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page what your favorite bagel seasonings or toppings are! Have you tried making Pizza Bagels yet with dough like this?
KETO BAGEL RECIPE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Moderate
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 Minutes
- 2 & 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 & 1/4 Pound Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 6 Large Free-Range Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400*F.
- In a Medium Bowl, whisk together 2 & 1/2 Cups of Almond Flour and 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder, and set it aside.
- Shred 1 and 1/4 Pound (20 Ounces) of Mozzarella Cheese, and set it aside.
- In a Large Sauce Pan over Medium-Low Heat add the Shredded Mozzarella Cheese and 4 Ounces of Softened Cream Cheese.
- Stir the cheeses together continuously to prevent burning and also to mix them together evenly until both are fully melted.
- Once the Cheese has melted fully, add the Cheeses to the bowl of a Stand Mixer, and slowly add in the Almond Flour mixture and 4 scrambled eggs.
- Blend on slow speeds with the dough hook attachment until an even dough consistency forms.
- Make each bagel with a 1/2 Cup scoop of the dough.
- Roll the dough out into a 1/2″ thick roll and place on a Baking Sheet lined with Parchment Paper (Do not use wax paper). Spread the bagels a few inches apart to allow for expansion during cooking.
- Whisk together the remaining 2 eggs and brush them over the tops of each bagel. If you plan to coat the bagels with any seasonings (such as Everything Seasoning), add those on top now.
- Bake the Bagels at 400*F for about 15 minutes.
- Allow the bagels to cool down to about room temperature on the baking sheet before removing them.
- Repeat steps as needed until you have baked all of your desired bagels.