Keto Bread Recipe (Coconut Flour OR Almond Flour)
If you have been hesitating to switch to eating Keto or any other Low-Carb way of eating because you love bread, now you have no excuse! You can actually make tasty loaves of Keto Bread at home, and they are super easy to bake. Here we demonstrate two different varieties made with your choice of Coconut Flour or Almond Flour. Both versions happen to be Gluten-Free too (because they’re Keto afterall), but if you also want to make this Dairy-Free, just leave out the Butter and substitute your choice of oil instead.
This bread is as versatile as the real thing, though it is a HECK of a lot more filling than normal bread. Rather than being packed with flour that dissolves in your mouth, Keto Bread is made with dense flours that do not break down in water. You could easily make your favorite sandwiches on this bread, or toast it, make a grilled cheese sandwich, you name it. If you are looking to make French Toast you could make that too, but I also recommend you check out my Keto French Toast Sticks Recipe too if that’s the case.
I would love to hear what your thoughts are on this Keto Bread Recipe after you bake it. Try baking both versions, as they both turn out a bit different in texture and flavor. The Almond version definitely turns out a little bit taller since there is about 3 times as much of that flour in the recipe when making that one.
KETO BREAD RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
Total Time: 75 Minutes
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- OR SUB 2.5 Cups Almond Flour
- 8 Large Eggs
- 8 Teaspoons Refined Coconut Oil
- 10 TBSP Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Set Eggs on the counter about 30 minutes before you plan to start this recipe to allow them to warm up closer to room temperature.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish and set on the counter to cool. You don’t want to add them hot to the eggs later or else it will start to cook them.
- Preheat the Oven to 350*F when you are ready to get started.
- In a medium bowl combine your choice of the flours with the remaining dry ingredients.
- In a Large bowl blend your Eggs by themselves for about 2 to 3 Minutes at HIGH speed to incorporate as much air into them as you can.
- After blending your eggs, add the Coconut Oil and the Melted Butter to the Eggs and Blend again for about 1 more minute on HIGH speed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the Eggs and blend again on HIGH speed for about 2 more minutes. The trick is to whip as much air into them as you possibly can to help your loaf rise.
- Pour the contents into a Loaf Pan lined with Parchment Paper. The Parchment Paper is critical! It will make sure your loaf stands no chance at getting stuck in the pan, and will allow you to lift it out of the pan with ease after cooking, while keeping all of the crust intact.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for about 1 Hour at 350*F. Keep you eye on it around the 50 minute mark, as cooking times can fluctuate with altitude. Try your best not to over cook it, but definitely do not under cook it.
- Place on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes before slicing, or allow to completely cool if you plan to store this in a bag for up to the next couple days.
SPECIAL NOTE: You can make this recipe with either Coconut or Almond Flour. The Coconut Flour will produce more of a White Bread flavor and the Almond Flour will generally produce more of a Wheat Bread flavor. Also, if you are trying to make this dairy free, just substitute the butter for an oil of your choice instead.