Butter Chicken is a popular dish in some countries, though it does not seem like it has gained much popularity yet in the United States. I came across a similar recipe while watching a cooking show, and I thought to myself how easy it would be to make a Keto-friendly version of this so that I could try it for myself. The sauce is very flavorful, and despite being named Butter Chicken, there really isn’t a whole lot of butter that goes in this dish at all.
If you are not a fan of spicy food, you could always modify this dish by using less Cayenne Pepper or even leaving it out all together if you want to. The Cayenne Pepper does add flavor to the dish, so if you can handle a little spice I suggest leaving it in there.
This Keto Butter Chicken is also a dish that re-heats rather well, so if you want to make something that can be prepared ahead of time for a quick lunch to take to work, this could be a good recipe for that. You could simply portion this out in some small containers and then microwave it at work and it will be ready to eat in a matter of minutes. You can usually store the leftover in the refrigerator for at least a few days, or freeze an amount that you do not plan to consume in that time.
KETO BUTTER CHICKEN RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 3 Lbs Chicken Breast
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 14 oz Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 2 TBSP Grass-Fed Butter
- 2 TBSP Almond Flour
- 1 Thumb of Ginger Root
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1 TBSP Garam Masala Spice
- 1/2 TSP Smoked Paprika
- 1 TSP Tumeric
- 1 TSP Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- Cut the Chicken Breast into pieces that are approximately 1″ in size, and set aside for later.
- Using a Grater or a Food Processor grate 1 Head of Cauliflower, which we will be using as our rice substitute for this dish.
- Saute the riced Cauliflower with some oil or butter in a frying pan, and set aside.
- Prepare the other vegetables by Grating the Ginger Root, Dicing the Yellow Onion, mincing the Garlic, and Dicing the Green Onion.
- Heat of a large frying pan over Medium-High Heat and add 2 TBSP of Grass-Fed Butter.
- Add in the Yellow Onion, Garlic, and Ginger then saute for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in the 14 ounces of Coconut Milk, and add in the 6 ounces of Tomato Paste as well as the 2 TBSP of Almond Flour (for thickening).
- Stir while simmering for a couple minutes to get the Tomato Paste dissolved into the sauce.
- Season with Garam Masala, Smoked Paprika, Tumeric, Cayenne Pepper, Pink Himalayan Salt, and Black Pepper.
- Stir and simmer for about 1 minute, then add the Diced Chicken Breast. Coat the Chicken Breast well with the sauce.
- Cover the Frying Pan with a lid and allow so simmer for about 15 Minutes, or until the Chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool a couple minutes before serving.
- Garnish with diced Green Onion on top.
Note: Since this dish is typically served over Rice, we chose to serve it over Riced Cauliflower. You could choose to eat it completely on it’s own if you want, or even serve it over a bed of steamed vegetables instead. You can also choose to make this with Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs instead if you want to increase the fat content to help with your marcos (if that is your goal).