Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuit Recipe
One of the hardest parts about maintaining a Keto diet, whether it be for the lifestyle, the weight-loss, or because of medical reasons is to avoid all of the temptations out there. Sometimes our tastebuds get the better of us and let us cave into our urges.
Well, now there’s a cure for those dang Cheddar Bay Biscuit cravings that you might experience if you’ve gotten hooked on them at a Red Lobster restaurant. The cheese, garlicy, and savory goodness delivers right here! Check out the recipe below, as well as the nutrition facts per serving. As with all things, serving size matters, so please don’t go eating the whole batch in one sitting. You’ve been warned!
Here are the Nutrition Facts per Biscuit. Keep in mind that this recipe makes 8 Biscuits, which is usually enough for a Family of 4.
KETO CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 & 1/2 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Ounces (Half a Package) of Cream Cheese
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic Powder
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- Butter (For Greasing the Baking Sheet)
Feel free to substitute some of the ingredients for other similar choices if you have personal preferences or dietary considerations. This recipe includes a lot of dairy, so if you are not tolerant of it, this will not be for you.
Be sure to share this recipe with your friends, and bookmark it for later reference!
- Combine Mozzarella Cheese and Cream Cheese into a large microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high power for about 45 seconds, until slightly melted.
- Remove from Microwave and stir together. Return to microwave and nuke it again for about 20 more seconds.
- Remove from Microwave again, and stir one last time. The consistency should start to become VERY sticky, and you should not see any unmelted cheeses. If there are still some unmelted cheese, return to Microwave as needed.
- In a smaller bowl to the side mix together the Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Granulated Garlic Powder, and Eggs.
- Combine the ingredients from the smaller bowl into the bigger bowl and mix together well.
- Add cheddar cheese on top of mixture and mix into the mixture.
- Set out Plastic Wrap on the counter and dust lightly with almond flour.
- Pour the mixture onto the dusted portion of the plastic wrap in the middle, and wrap in the plastic wrap to form a general Ball shape.
- Place the dough into the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes to harden a little.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425* (adjust as needed per altitude).
- Remove dough from the refrigerator after the desired time (you can leave it in there longer if you wish to make this ahead of time).
- Cut the dough into 8 equal sized pieces.
- Grease your dark baking sheet with some butter and roll the 8 pieces of dough into balls.
- Place the dough balls spread out equally, avoiding the sides of the baking sheet, as the biscuits will spread out when they cook.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, paying extra close attention around the 10 minute mark. Be careful not to burn them, and take them out when they look golden brown.
- Remove from oven immediately and set on the counter to cool before serving!
- You can also brush melted butter on the top of these biscuits right after taking them out of the oven, and/or sprinkling them with parmesan cheese or Old Bay Seasoning. This allows you to make minor adjustments to the flavor based on your personal preferences.
If you have some suggestions on how to make this recipe better, or how to substitute some of the ingredients to custom tailor to certain dietary restriction please leave your comment below.