Keto Chicken Enchilada Recipe
The other day I was thinking about what kind of Mexican style food I could make that would not only LOOK the part, but taste satisfying too. The idea hit me that if I melted cheese to JUST the right consistency I could roll it around some stuffing to make an Enchilada type of dish. Usually when it comes to traditional enchiladas I prefer cheese enchiladas with red sauce, but I thought that stuffing Cheese with Cheese might be overkill. (Feel free to knock yourself out though if you want to try that cheese inception).
I usually buy my Rotisserie Chickens from the store, and strip all of the meat off of them for various recipes, but you can feel free to use an air fryer to make your own bone-in Chicken Breast or Roasted Chicken if you want to. I would not recommend trying to make this recipe with canned chicken though.
My wife and I both think that this dish not only satisfies all of our cravings for enchiladas, but it probably also tasted even better than the real thing. Somehow having the melty cheese as the corn tortilla replacement makes this taste even more rich and satisfying.
KETO CHICKEN ENCHILADA RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Moderate
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken Breast (Shredded)
- 2 Cup Mexican Style Cheese (Shredded)
- 1/2 Bunch Green Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Table Spoon Diced Green Chilis
- 2 Tablespoon Sliced Black Olives
- 4 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 6 Tablespoons Red Enchilada Sauce
- Shred the Rotisserie Chicken Breast with two forks until uniformly separated.
- Add Green Chilis to the Chicken and stir.
- On a Large Baking Sheet, cover it with 2 pieces of Parchment Paper cut in half. It is important that you cut this down the middle now, as it will make the later steps much easier.
- Place the shredded cheese onto the baking sheet in Four equal sized piles.
- Bake the Cheese in the oven at 350*F for about 7 minutes, or until it is bubbling hot AND the edges just begin to get a brown crisp to them.
- When the cheese is ready, remove from the oven and spoon the Chicken and Green Chili mixture into the Cheese near the edge that is closest to you. You do not want to place it in the middle like a taco, as you are going to be rolling this into an Enchilada.
- Roll the cheese carefully over the chicken to make a solid “tortilla”-style roll.
- Place onto plate, and spoon on the Red Enchilada Sauce mixture.
- Top with Sliced Black Olives, Sour Cream, and Chopped Green Onion.
SPECIAL NOTE: The nutrition facts include ALL of the ingredients, so if you want to make this dish even MORE LOW CARB you can cut out the Sour Cream, Olives, and Green Onion, and you would make this dish almost Completely CARB-FREE.