Keto Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
If you’ve ever had the Chicken Lettuce Wraps at PF Changs or Pei Wei, chances are that you’ve had a craving for them every now and then. Sadly, the ones there have some carbs in them that render them not keto-friendly, but you can make this recipe at home to satisfy your cravings.
Normally you would think that the Lettuce wraps were naturally low-carb as-is, as long as you didn’t use any of the fried rice straws that they typically bed the filling on. Since they use a Plum Sauce to season the meat it adds sugars and other carbs to the dish that raise its carb count.
This is a dish that is as easy to make as regular tacos, it basically just uses a different type of seasoning, and uses Iceberg Lettuce leaves in place of the cheese shells that we normally use.
Leave us some comments on what you think of the recipe, and ways that you doctor it up at home to add your own special flavor to it.
KETO CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 Minutes
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 2 Cups Cremini Mushrooms (Diced)
- 1/4 White Onion (Diced)
- 2 Green Onions
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos (Divided)
- 1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Huy Fong Garlic Chili Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic (Divided)
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- Iceberg Lettuce Leaves for wraps
- In a Large Frying Pan or Wok over Medium-High Heat warm up 1 Tablespoon of Toasted Sesame Oil.
- Add 2 Cups of Chopped Cremini Mushrooms to the Frying Pan and stir into warm Sesame Oil to coat lightly. Cover and cook for a few minutes until the Mushrooms are about halfway cooked.
- Add 1 Pound of Ground Chicken to the Frying Pan, and use the spatula to break it up into small chunks, and cook thoroughly for about 8 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Add 1/4 diced White Onion, 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic cloves, 1 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos or Bragg Liquid Aminos, and stir to season evenly.
- Cover and cook until the onions are translucent, stir occasionally if needed.
- In a small bowl combine 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic, 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger, 2 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos, and 2 Teaspoons Garlic Chili Sauce. Stir to mix evenly and set aside. This will be the optional sauce to add on top of the individual Lettuce Wraps.
- Wash a head of Iceberg lettuce, and cut the base off of it. Carefully remove the leaves so that you preserve as large and intact leaves as possible. Serve 3-4 Leaves per person to add chicken filling and sauce as desired.
- Garnish with Diced Green Onion and serve immediately.