Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
We love our Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe as a big hearty bowl for lunch or even as a keto-friendly dinner. While we don’t go through the effort of trying to make or fake tortilla strips just to garnish the bowl, you can still add some things like Cheddar Moon Cheese to it if you still want something crunchy in your spoonfuls.
While the garnishing is totally optional, I highly recommend using the cheese, sour cream, and avocado to help increase the fat macros for this soup, plus it makes the Chicken Tortilla Soup even more flavorful and filling too so it’s a win/win.
We have also seen variants of this type of soup made with ground beef, at which point I would opt to use the Beef Bone Broth instead of the Chicken if you make it that way. Either way I bet it is just as good!
KETO CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 Minutes
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken Breast
- 10oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis (Drained)
- 2 Cups Kettle & Fire Chicken Bone Broth
- 4oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Red Onion (Diced)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Clove Garlic (Pressed)
- 1 Tablespoon Grass-Fed Butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Lime (Juiced)
- 1 Large Avocado (Diced)
- Sour Cream
- Colby Jack Cheese (Shredded)
- Fresh Cilantro
- In a Dutch Oven or Instapot melt 1 Tablespoon Grass-Fed Butter over Medium-High Heat, then add 1 Pound of Ground Chicken Breast.
- Season the Chicken with 1/2 Tablespoon Ground Cumin, 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder, 1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt, 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder, and 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, then stir. Cook for a few minutes to lightly brown the Chicken before moving on to the next step.
- Add in 1/2 Red Onion (Diced), 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (Diced), 1/2 Jalapeno Pepper (Diced), and 1 clove of Garlic (Pressed). Saute for 3 to 5 minutes. or until the Chicken is fully cooked.
- Pour in the drained can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis, and stir into the mixture to combine.
- Add 4 Ounces of Softened Cream Cheese and 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream then stir into the meat and vegetable mixture to make creamy.
- Squeeze in the juice of 1 fresh Lime, and then pour in the carton of Kettle & Fire Chicken Bone Broth.
- Bring the soup up to temperature while stirring, but do not allow the soup to fully boil.
- Serve right away with a topping of Sour Cream, freshly shredded cheeses, Cilantro, and diced Avocado.