Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookies are probably the most classic of all cookie flavors, and perhaps the go-to for most people. The traditional chocolate chip cookie recipes are off-limits for people who live the Keto Lifestyle, so there have to be some adaptations made to make the recipe keto-friendly so that we can enjoy them more often than just those days that we cave into the cravings. While we find that the texture of the chocolate chip cookie isn’t EXACTLY like a Nestle Tollhouse cookie, they sure are pretty dang good.
Our kids always start gathering around the oven when they smell these cookies baking, and they sit down at the table to wait for them to come out of the oven. We always eat these things fresh out of the oven, and rarely have any leftovers. The recipe below will yield 16 cookies, so plan accordingly if you want to make more or less. To make less you will just need to figure our how to put less egg in it so you might want to whisk the egg and divide it if that’s the case. Or just make the dough ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze it for later if you want to make a bunch at once.
In this recipe we use Almond Flour, but you could make these entirely with Coconut Flour if you can’t eat almonds. We prefer Almond Flour, because we like the fluffy texture of the almonds, but these taste really good with coconut flour too.
KETO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 16 Minutes
Total Time: 26 Minutes
- 8 Tablespoons of Butter (1 Whole Stick – 1/4 Pound) Softened
- 1/3 Cup Pyure Sweetener or Swerve (Pyure will taste sweeter)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 2/3 Cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate (cut into chunks) – OR Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- Put Softened Butter into a Medium Mixing Bowl, and beat with a hand mixer or similar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the Pyure Sweetener, Vanilla Extract, Egg, and Salt and continue to mix until even.
- Add in the Almond Flour and begin mixing. Slowly add in 1/2 Cup of Almond Flour at a time to mix evenly.
- Sprinkle the Lily’s Chocolate into the mixture and fold with a spatula until evenly distributed to your liking.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375*F
- Place Parchment Paper onto Cookie Sheet and scoop cookies out with either a scooper or with a spoon. Each cookie will contain 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons of Dough.
- Space the cookie dough apart evenly to place about 8 cookies per sheet (15 cookies total on two sheets), unless you have a Mega Cookie Sheet.
- Place cookies in the oven for at least 12 minutes, but start to watch them around that time. We find that they are baked to our own liking around the 15-16 minute mark, but you can take them out as early as you want depending on how gooey you want them.
- Set on counter to cool before eating, as chocolate will come out molten hot.
Optional: Feel free to add some crushed Walnuts to the cookies to when you add the Chocolate Chips, as those make them even more delicious!