Just because you are eating a Keto diet does not mean that you can’t have biscuits and breads, you just have to learn to make them completely differently to adhere to the diet. This Keto Country Biscuit Recipe will help satisfy your cravings for biscuits, and they make a great bread roll for eating with your eggs and bacon in the morning, or with your Keto Crispy Fried Chicken. We particularly love these on a Sunday morning topped with our Keto Sausage Gravy.
Some people enjoy buttering these up and eating them as is, or spreading some Walden Farms Calorie Free Strawberry Fruit Spread on them.
Here are the Nutrition Facts per Biscuit. Keep in mind that this recipe makes 8 Biscuits, which is usually enough for a Family of 4 at Breakfast or Dinner as a side dish.
Keto Country Biscuit Recipe
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 & 1/2 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 Ounces (Half a Package) of Cream Cheese
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Almond Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Butter (For Greasing the Muffin Pan)
- Combine 1 & 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese and Cream Cheese into a large microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high power for about 45 seconds, until slightly melted.
- Remove from Microwave and stir together. Return to microwave and nuke it again for about 20 more seconds.
- Remove from Microwave again, and stir one last time. The consistency should start to become VERY sticky, and you should not see any unmelted cheeses. If there are still some unmelted cheese, return to Microwave as needed.
- In a smaller bowl to the side mix together the Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, and Eggs.
- Combine the ingredients from the smaller bowl into the bigger bowl and mix together well.
- Add the remaining 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese on top of the mixture and mix into the mixture.
- Set out Plastic Wrap on the counter and dust lightly with Almond Flour.
- Pour the mixture onto the dusted portion of the plastic wrap in the middle, and wrap in the plastic wrap to form a general Ball shape.
- Place the dough into the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes to firm up a little.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425* (adjust as needed per altitude).
- Remove dough from the refrigerator after the desired time (you can leave it in there longer if you wish to make this ahead of time).
- Cut the dough into 8 equal sized pieces.
- Grease your dark Muffin Pan with some butter and roll the 8 pieces of dough into balls.
- Place the dough balls individually inside their own compartment in the Muffin Pan.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, paying extra close attention around the 10 minute mark. Be careful not to burn them, and take them out when they look golden brown.
- Remove from oven immediately and set on the counter to cool before serving!