Keto Crab Alfredo Recipe
This Keto Crab Alfredo Recipe is a big hit for seafood lovers, and a great keto-friendly alternative to pasta dishes, thanks to the use of real Konjac noodles here. We like to make a variety of Alfredo dishes, so if you like alfredo too you can check out our Keto Bacon Alfredo Pizza, and our Keto Chicken Alfredo recipes.
When picking out Crab to use in this dish, it is vitally important that you do not buy artificial krab, since that product actually contains a ton of carbohydrates in it. Real crab will have little to no carbs at all. Because crab is mostly protein, the butter, cheeses, and heavy whipping cream used in the Alfredo help balance the macros out to add in the fats needed in a good Keto diet.
Additionally, not all Konjac noodles are created equally. This goes for both taste, and ingredients. Some Konjac Noodles are known to have an Earthy or other unpleasant odor, but the Skinny Pasta Konjac noodles have no funny smell or flavor to them. Many other brands also include non-keto ingredients added to them as well, such as soy or rice and/or potato starches. The brand we use here is just made from Konjac root, and none of the other non-Keto ingredients so it’s a win/win.
KETO CRAB ALFREDO RECIPE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 Minutes
- 16 Ounces of Konjac Fettuccini Noodles (2 Packages)
- 8 Ounces Lump Snow Crab Meat
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 Tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Grated Romano Cheese
- 1-2 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Basil
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Begin preparation by chopping up some fresh parsley, and grated up the Romano and Parmesan cheeses. Set them aside for now.
- In a Large Sauce Pan over Medium Heat melt 6 Tablespoons of Grass-Fed Butter.
- Once the butter is melted whisk in about 1 to 2 teaspoons of Xanthan Gum. The more you use the thicker the sauce will be. The less you use the thinner the sauce will be.
- Pour in 2 Cups of Heavy Whipping Cream, and whisk together with the Butter and Xanthan Gum.
- While whisking the Heavy Cream, season the sauce with 2 Teaspoons Dried Basil, 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic, 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt, 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper.
- Add in 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan and 1/4 Cup Grated Romano cheeses to the sauce, and stir them in well.
- Simmer the sauce for about 1 more minute to bring the flavors together. Add more Heavy Whipping Cream, or Xanthan Gum to thin or thicken the sauce to your liking.
- Add in 8 Ounce of Lump Snow Crab Meat, and stir gently to combine everything together without breaking up the crab meat chunks too much.
- Cover the Sauce Pan and remove from heat.
- Open the 2 packages of Konjac Fettuccini Noodles, and place in a strainer to remove them from the liquid they were packaged in.
- Place the noodles under cool running water for about 1 minute.
- Place the Konjac Noodles into a microwave safe dish and microwave for about 2 minutes to warm them up.
- Either plate the Konjac Noodles and top with the Crab Alfredo Sauce, or add the noodles to the Sauce Pan and stir all of it together.
- Top with some of the fresh chopped Parsley from earlier, and optionally add some more grated cheeses to the top if you wish.