Keto French Toast Sticks Recipe
If you are looking for a simple alternative to the same old scrambled eggs and bacon for your Keto Breakfast, consider these easy to make Keto French Toast Sticks. These protein-packed french toast sticks will fill you up, and they are yummy enough for the whole family to enjoy. Our kids don’t even realize that they are eating keto about 3/4 of the time! We like to keep it interesting around here in our house, and you can too.
The recipe starts off by making a loaf of simple microwave bread. If you have never made the microwave bread before, you are missing out, because it is very versatile and can be made into a variety of accommodating shapes, depending on what containers you have available to microwave it safely in. We prefer to make this recipe in a rectangular Pyrex dish because the loaf comes out in easy to cut sizes.
We then serve ours with a little Salted Butter on top and go to town, and our kids get theirs with pure maple syrup (since they aren’t strictly eating keto along with us). You could also use some sugar-free maple/pancake syrups if you wish but just be sure to choose one that is actually keto-friendly and not just one for diabetics.
Will this become a weekend staple in your household? Make some and let us know how yours turn out in the comments at the bottom of the page.
KETO FRENCH TOAST STICKS RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Total Time: 25-30 Minutes
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Or use Avocado Oil, Butter, your preference)
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder (not a heaping one either, just a smooth level Teaspoon, otherwise it might make the bread bitter)
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Flavoring
- 2 Eggs
- 1/8 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- OPTIONAL: Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup
- Add Oil or Melted Butter to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add 4 Eggs and 1 Tablespoon of Maple Flavoring and whisk together well.
- Add in the 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder, and then slowly start mixing in the Almond Flour. Whisk until all of the ingredients are properly whisked together.
- Grease a microwave safe Pyrex dish (rectangular preferred) and pour the mixture into the dish.
- Microwave for 3 – 4 Minutes until it is cooked ALL the way through.
- Remove from the microwave and cut into 7-9 thin slices. Set aside for now.
- In a medium bowl add in 2 Eggs, 1/8 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream, 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, and 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract.
- Whisk until the ingredients are nicely whisked together.
- Heat up your favorite non-stick skillet to about 290*F or Medium High Heat.
- Add in some cooking spray, oil, or butter, and then drench the strips of Bread into the Coating and place on the skillet.
- Cook each side for about 1 minute or until golden brown. (There will be 4 sides here since we basically cut them into elongated cubes.)
- Serve warm with your choice of Butter, and/or keto-friendly syrup like the Lakanto Sugar-Free Maple Syrup.