This Keto Granola Cereal Recipe is a simple low-carb cereal option that tastes great in a bowl of Almond or Coconut Milk, or even by itself. The Keto Granola has a satisfying crunch that is slightly sweet and savory, and it makes the perfect easy Keto Breakfast for weekday mornings. You can feel free to experiment with the ingredients and add things like Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips and things like that if you want.
When we make this, we us the Lakanto Maple Flavored Monkfruit Syrup, instead of your run of the mill Sugar Free Pancake Syrup from the grocery store. We have had a lot of luck locating the Lakanto Syrup at Sprouts grocery stores, as well as sometimes even at TJ Maxx. You can of course always purchase it online too if you can’t find it near you.
Store any unused portion in an air-tight container on the counter for up to a week. Usually between bowls of cereal and intermittent snacking this gets eaten up quickly at our house. Sometimes when I am extra hungry I will even have a double serving in the morning.
KETO GRANOLA CEREAL RECIPE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 12 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 32 Minutes
- 2/3 Cup Shredded Coconut Flakes (Unsweetened)
- 1/3 Cup Pecan Pieces
- 1/3 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 2/3 Cup Flax Seed Meal
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Lakanto Maple-Flavored Monkfruit Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Set the Oven to Broil and turn it on.
- Take a Large Baking Sheet and cover it with Parchment Paper.
- Sprinkle 2/3 Cup of Unsweetened Shredded Coconut onto the Parchment Paper and spread it out in a thin even layer with your hands.
- Place the Baking Sheet into the over for 45 to 60 seconds, keeping a careful eye on the Coconut. The goal is to nicely brown it, but not to burn it. Remove the Coconut from the oven, and then turn the Oven to 350*F. Set the Coconut Aside for now, but you can save the Parchment Paper since it is typically good for multiple uses.
- In a Food Processor combine 1/3 Cup Pecan Pieces and 1/3 Cup Sliced Almonds. Pulse to chop them coarsely, but not so much that you turn them into ground up flour.
- In a Large Bowl add 2/3 Cup Flax Seed Meal, and then add in the Toasted Coconut from earlier in the recipe.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds, as well as the Coarsely Chopped Almonds and Pecans, and stir the ingredients together to get them dispersed somewhat evenly in the bowl.
- Pour in 1/2 Cup of Lakanto Maple Flavored Monkfruit Syrup, and then fold the ingredients together. If needed you can add half of it at a time and stir well between adding more to get the syrup coating all of the nut and seed mixture.
- Spread the Mixture out onto your Parchment Paper covered Baking Sheet, and create a layer that is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle about 2 Teaspoons of Ground Cinnamon onto the Granola, then Bake in the Oven for about 20 Minutes at 350*F.
- Remove the Granola from the Oven and then place it on the counter to cool and harden.
- Once cooled off and hardened, you can break apart the Granola by hand into desired chunks.
SERVING RECOMMENDATIONS: You can always eat this delicious Keto Granola Cereal dry as a regular granola, or you can put it into a bowl with some Unsweetened Almond Milk or Unsweetened Coconut Milk (Even better if it is Vanilla Flavored).