Keto Low Carb Lasagna Recipe
Here’s a Keto Low Carb Lasagna Recipe that is sure to win the whole family over. It is simple to make, and it tastes just like the real deal. By using the Natural Heaven Palm Heart Lasagna Noodles, we not only inadvertently reduce the calories in this dish compared to traditional pasta, but we dramatically reduce the carbohydrate count too. The Palm Heart Noodles are low carb and high fiber, leaving you with hardly any net carbs in the entire box. It’s a win-win, though they do cost about 2-3 times as much as regular lasagna noodles.
For the marinara sauce you can either go with something like a Rao’s Sensitive Marinara Sauce if you are looking to shave off potentially one more carb per serving, or you can go with the Mezzetta Marinara Sauce that I used in the video, which costs about half as much as the Rao’s and has only one extra carb per serving. Considering that this entire tray of lasagna only uses about 2 servings of Marinara Sauce anyways, it’s up to you which route to go. Definitely check your labels on the Marinara you buy if you purchase any other brand, as some brands have as much as 5 times as many sugars in them as the Rao’s or Mezzetta.
Another tip for picking the Ricotta and Mozzarella Cheeses is to go with the Whole Milk (Full Fat) cheeses, and do NOT use any of the Part Skim or Reduced Fat varieties. You will not only want those Full Fat cheeses for their delicious fat content, but the other types generally have higher carbohydrate counts in them too.
You can make larger batches of this if you want, as this recipe makes a 9″x9″ tray os Low Carb Lasagna as shown. You could double the recipe and make it in a larger baking dish if you have those available, and it really would not increase the prep or cook time by very much at all. This stores excellently in the refrigerator for days, so you can save the leftovers for a quick and easy meal later, or make this for meal prep for the entire week if you want also.
KETO LOW CARB LASAGNA RECIPE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 Minutes
- 1 Pound Fresh Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Package Natural Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Pound Organic Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup Mezzetta Marinara Sauce
- 8 ounces Low Moisture Full Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Italian Herbs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- Preheat the Oven to 350*F.
- Warm up a Large Non-Stick Skillet on the stove over Medium-High Heat, and add the 1 Pound of Hot Italian Sausage.
- Chop the sausage up and cook until browned, which will take about 10 minutes or so.
- In a Medium Mixing Bowl combine the Ricotta Cheese with the Italian Herbs and Granulated Garlic and set aside.
- Shred the 8 Ounces of Mozzarella Cheese and set aside for assembly.
- Once the Hot Italian Sausage is browned, begin assembling the layers of your lasagna in your baking dish.
- I always place a couple tablespoons of the Marinara Sauce on the bottom of the baking dish to prevent the noodles from sticking to it. Then assemble in any combination of layers that you choose.
- I always top the Lasagna with the last bit of Mozzarella Cheese so that it has a nice baked cheese topping.
- Place the Lasagna in the oven at 350*F for about 15-20 minutes. You will want the cheese to start bubbling before you take it out. This can take more or less time depending on your oven, altitude, or the brand of Mozzarella Cheese used.