Keto Mojito Recipe
Our Keto Mojito recipe is an awesome summer time refreshment, and a hit at the party or BBQ. Much like our Keto Margarita recipe, this one also features the new Zevia Mixers that are a better keto-friendly alternative to traditional diet sodas. These are made with Stevia instead of artificial sweeteners, and we like them way better too.
Some people assume that Rum has lots of sugar in it, but white rum actually has no net carbs in it, because of the available sugars have been converted into sugar alcohols. You may want to be cautious about spiced rums and other flavored rums. so be sure to look up the nutrition facts before you purchase yours. In our case, we go for Bacardi Superior white rum, which is the same stuff they used down in Puerto Rico.
To get all of the flavor extracted from the mint leaves, you will want them to be fresh, and I like to smack them in the palm of my hand right before I put them in the glass. Then proper muddling of the limes and mint is crucial for extracting some of that natural mint oil and lime oils too.
KETO MOJITO RECIPE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 2 Minutes
MIXING TIME: 2 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 4 Minutes
- Crushed Ice
- 7.5 Ounces Zevia Lemon Lime Mixer
- 3-4 Lime Wedges (half a lime)
- 8=12 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Ounces Bacardi Superior White Rum
- Lime Slices (Optional for Garnish)
- Start by filling a tall glass 2/3 way full with Crushed Ice.
- Pluck your Mint Leaves and smack them in the palm of your hands.
- Place the Mint Leaves and Lime Wedges into the Ice and Muddle with a long Spoon for about 1 minute.
- Pour in 2 Ounces of Bacardi Superior White Rum.
- Top off with Zevia Lemon Lime Mixer and then stir one last time to mix well.
- Garnish with slices of Lime and Fresh Mint leaves if desired.