Keto Orange Chicken Recipe
I have seen some people online posting about what they eat at Panda Express, which usually includes steamed vegetables and their teriyaki chicken without sauce. That might count as a keto-friendly meal, but it sure won’t curb any cravings for that sweet and spicy Orange Chicken that they have made world famous. We spent some time in the kitchen using some familiar ingredients to produce a sauce that was not only Keto-Friendly, but it’s also low calorie too.
We have been making this sauce to put on chicken wings, so if you love chicken wings as much as we do, we highly recommend you give that a shot too! It’s got just the right amount of sweet, just the right amount of spice, and a great mix of ginger and garlic flavors too. After eating this on wings, I finally had to dig into how to make this as a dish that could be eaten with chopsticks, and looked more like the restaurant presentation. Enjoy this served over some Keto Fried Cauliflower Rice, Cooked Asian Veggies, or on its own.
KETO ORANGE CHICKEN RECIPE
[SAUCE] <- You’re gonna want to write this sauce down or bookmark it so you can make this again!
- 3 Tablespoons Walden Farms Calorie Free Orange Marmalade
- 3 Tablespoons Walden Farms Calorie Free Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 3 Tablespoons Walden Farms Calorie Free Asian Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sriracha Sauce
- 1 Tablespoons Fresh Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Minced Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Cut Into Strips or Pieces
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Whey Protein Isolate (unflavored)
- In a bowl or Food Processor combine all of the ingredients and blend until fully mixed, and then set aside. (That’s Easy!)
- If you don’t have a food processor you can use a hand mixer or a whisk.
- Cut the chicken into 1 Inch wide strips or into smaller chunks depending on how you like your Orange Chicken Pieces. Alternatively you can also make this recipe with Chicken Breasts or Tenders too.
- Put the Chicken into a Medium Bowl and crack the 2 Large Eggs on top and mix the chicken together with the egg.
- In a Frying Pan on the stove, bring your preferred cooking oil up to 290*F. You can use Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, or even Lard.
- When the oil is hot and ready, take the chicken pieces One by One and start coating them in the Whey Protein Isolate. Put them into the hot oil and allow to cook approximately 3 minutes per side.
- As pieces come out cooked, set them on the side on top of a wire rack, or start eating right away.
- When ready to eat, toss the fried chicken in a bowl with the sauce until evenly mixed.