Keto Pancake Recipe
There are almost countless ways that you could make low-carb and keto-friendly pancakes, and this is one of our favorite Keto Pancake recipes that even our kids enjoy. Best part too is that they are really filling, so this recipe can happily feed a family of four. You can always mess around with the recipe to get the thickness of batter that you prefer, as some people like to have their pancakes thin like crepes and other people like their’s nice and fluffy. This can be prepared virtually any way.
For starters, this is a protein-packed meal in and of itself. If you are looking to cook this for two people only you can simply divide the ingredients in half, and all other instructions would remain the same. One of the “tricks” to making this recipe is to make sure that your cream cheese is softened on the counter beforehand. Don’t use pre-whipped cream cheese to try to bypass this step, as the measurements would be completely off and so might the overall texture of the finished product. Just buy the regular 8oz bricks of cream cheese for this recipe.
We have kids at home that are picky eaters, and they tend to not like things that they consider to be “diet” food, but this is one of those recipes that the kids clean up their plates every time. Sure, they get to put pure maple syrup on theirs while we don’t but they don’t complain at all about how these are different than the normal pancakes they were previously used to. We find more and more that our kids are getting used to eating this way when they are at home.
KETO PANCAKE RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 5 Minutes (assuming you’ve already softened the Cream Cheese)
Cooking Time: 4 Minutes per skillet
Total Time: 9+ Minutes
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 8oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Powder (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons Pyure Sweetener (optional)
- Butter (We prefer salted butter)
- For Syrup: Lakanto Monkfruit Syrup
- Place the Softened Cream Cheese into a large mixing bowl, or a Food Processor if you want it to be even easier!
- Pour the Vanilla Extract on top (Pure Vanilla Extract is best, but you can use Imitation Vanilla Flavor if you have that handy).
- Crack the 6 Large Eggs on top of the Cream Cheese.
- Blend by hand, or with a hand mixer or stand mixer if you prefer.
- After blending the wet and softened ingredients together, slowly add in the Almond Flour as you continue to mix. If you notice the mixture getting thick enough to your liking you don’t have to add all of the almond flour. If it’s not thick enough, just slowly add a little more almond flour while continuing to mix.
- Heat a Large Skillet up to about 290* and add enough Butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Once the butter has been melted and begins to bubble a little slowly pour in the pancake mixture to create the size pancakes that you prefer.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, but be careful not to over-cook them.
- Plate them and smother with butter, or topping of your choice.
Optional: You can experiment with adding different flavoring extracts or spices to the mix to make them taste the way you like. Sometimes we add cinnamon or pumpkin spice mix for a seasonal flavor, other times we may add Maple Extract for a little old fashioned flavor.