When it comes to pepper popper recipes, I think that Jalapenos always get the attention, but there are many other peppers out there that taste great too. These Keto Poblano Pepper Poppers are a smoky-flavored and cheesy Keto Snack or appetizer that we really enjoy.
You can use different types of cheeses to fill your Keto Poblano Pepper Poppers if you wish, but we are really partial to using the Smoked Gouda in this dish. For the bacon wrapping, we always recommend using Uncured Bacon which is free of nitrates. By eliminating the curing process, you are theoretically eating a healthier meat.
You can bake these in the oven if you use a wire rack to elevate them up off the pan and allow adequate airflow. We prefer to use our Air Fryer to make our, and they cook so much crispier and faster in there too.
We always love to hear from you guys, so drop us some comments below at the bottom of the page!
KETO POBLANO PEPPER POPPERS
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 25 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 Minutes
- 3 Poblano Peppers
- 6 Strips Uncured Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- Avocado Oil Cooking Spray
- Slice the 3 Poblano Peppers length-wise, and scrape the seeds out with a spoon.
- Shred 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese and 1/2 Cup Smoked Gouda Cheese, and combine with 2 Ounces of softened Cream Cheese, 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder, and 1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic. Stir to combine, and refrigerate until it is time to stuff the peppers.
- Place halved Poblano Peppers in a steamer basket, and steam for about 6-7 minutes, or until the peppers are juste tender. We like to leave them still on the crispy side.
- Once the Poblano Peppers are tender enough, place them onto a plate to cool, until you are able to safely handle them.
- Remove the Cheese filling from the refrigerator, and spread equal amounts into the cavity of each Poblano Pepper.
- Wrap each of the Stuffed Poblano Pepper halves with a piece of Uncured Bacon, and use a toothpick to secure the bacon to the pepper. (This will help hold it all together in the oven or Air Fryer.
- Spray the bottom of the Air Fryer with some Avocado Oil Spray (or other suitable Keto-friendly cooking spray).
- Air Fry at 370*F for about 14 Minutes, or until the Bacon is cooked to your liking. Be sure to separate the Peppers in the Air Fryer so that the Bacon is not touching. This will help them cook faster and give a more even crisp to the bacon too.
- Serve Hot and enjoy!
these are so delicious and easy to make!!