Keto Sinful Pie Recipe
Keto Sinful Pie is a delicious keto-friendly dessert that reminds of the flavors of either a German Chocolate Cake or a Coconut Pecan frosted Brownie. Despite looking like a cheat day type of treat, this delicious pie is packed with dietary fiber that helps keep the carb count considerably low.
Now that I have been able to find the Lily’s Chocolate Chips in more varieties than just the “plain old” Dark Chocolate, I am excited to try them in more recipes. We came across these Semi-sweet chips when we were shopping at the Sprouts Farmer’s Market, and there was another new type there too that we didn’t pick up on this trip.
I often get asked about the monk fruit sweeteners that I use in most of my baked treats. There are so many sugar-free sweetener options out there on the market, but they do not all have the same nutrition, or the same flavor, or bake equally well. The reason that I personally lean towards using the Lakanto Monkfruit sweeteners is due to the fact that I personally find Stevia to taste bitter, and that bitterness get exaggerated upon baking it, so any hint of sweetness to me goes away and the bitter Stevia taste just intensifies. I know different people claim to have different tastebuds, but that’s at least my personal experience.
KETO SINFUL PIE RECIPE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 1 Hour
TOTAL TIME: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 9oz Bag Lily’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut Flakes
- 3/4 Cup Pecan Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Grass-Fed Butter
- 1/2 Cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat Oven to 300*F.
- In a Large Mixing Bowl combine 1 Cup Almond Flour, 1 Large Free-Range Egg, and 2 Tablespoons of Grass-Fed Butter. Mix together well into a consistent dough.
- Lightly grease a Baking dish with some Grass-Fed Butter and press the dough into the bottom of the dish by hand. Poke tiny holes across the dough with a fork, and bake crust for about 40 minutes until golden brown.
The Caramel Sauce
- Warm up a Large Sauce Pan over Medium Heat and add 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream, 1/2 Cup Grass-Fed Butter, 1/2 Cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit, and 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract.
- Raise heat to bring the sauce to a boil, and whisk well for about 4-5 minutes being careful not to burn the sauce.
- Once the sauce begins to thicken, pour from the Sauce Pan into another dish and set it aside for later.
The Pie Filling
- Sprinkle a 9oz Bag of Lily’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips on top of the Pie Crust and spread them out into an even layer.
- Coat the Chocolate Chip layer with 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes.
- Cover the top of the Filling with 3/4 Cup chopped Pecan Pieces.
- Pour the Caramel Sauce slowly and evenly on top of the Pie Filling to make sure that it pours into all of the voids within the pie.
- Bake at 300*F for about 5-10 Minutes longer, then remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool completely before cutting and serving.
- You can cover and store any remaining pie in the refrigerator if you wish.