Keto Smothered Pork Chop Recipe
This Keto Smothered Pork Chop recipe is a quick and easy one pan meal that is cheap and easy enough to make during the weeknights for dinner. While a lot of us may have grown up eating plain old Pork Chops, or maybe even Shake n Bake or Pork Chops and Applesauce, there can be a lot of flavor potential for America’s “Other White Meat”. Add the simplicity of being able to make the whole dish in one pan in under an hour, and you have yourself some affordable and doable weekday dinner ideas that the entire family should enjoy.
To some people making a Smothered Pork Chop means adding every ingredient imaginable to the sauce, but we tend to like it with any combination of White Onion, Bacon, and/or Mushrooms. We keep this dish simple and cost-effective by leaving the bacon and mushrooms out of this particular recipe, but it you already have those on hand or prefer the added flavor and filling then go right ahead.
If you don’t eat pork, you could butterfly some chicken breast and make this same recipe with those instead. The flavor will be about the same, though the Chicken may turn out even moister if you don’t cook it too long. Just modify your cooking times appropriately for the poultry vs pork.
KETO SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 Minutes
- 1 Pound Boneless Pork Loin Chops
- 1-2 Zucchini (Sliced)
- 1/2 White Onion (Sliced)
- 1 Cup Beef Bone Broth
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Grass-Fed Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons Rosemary
- 3/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- In a Frying Pan or Cast Iron Skillet melt 1 Tablespoon Grass-Fed Butter over Medium-High Heat.
- Add 1/2 White Onion (sliced), and saute for a few minutes, but not long enough to fully cook the onions yet.
- Make room in the center of the Pan for your Pork Chops by pushing the Onions to the outer edges with a spatula.
- Lightly season the Pork Chops on both sides with 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt and 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper.
- Cook the Pork Chops over Medium-High Heat until browned on both sides.
- Add in Minced Garlic Cloves and 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons Rosemary the stir around to make fragrant for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in 1 Cup Beef Bone Broth, then cover the pan until the Pork Chops are thoroughly cooked (but not over cooked).
- Once the Pork Chops are fully cooked, remove them from the pan and set them to the side on a plate by themselves. Save all other ingredients in the pan to make the smothering sauce.
- Sprinkle in 1/2 Teaspoon of Xanthan Gum to help thicken up the sauce. Use more or less depending on how thick you want it to be, but be aware that a little bit thickens up a lot in a few minutes.
- Add in 1/3 Cup of Sour Cream (The normal full fat variety), and stir to make the sauce creamy.
- Add the Pork Chops back into the pan and spoon the sauce and onions on top of them.
- If you wish to make the baked Zucchini slices, simply preheat the oven to 400*, and add the sliced Zucchini to an Oven Safe Baking Dish. Spread 1 Tablespoon of Grass-Fed Butter on top of them and season lightly with Granulated Garlic and Black Pepper. Bake them for about 20 minutes while making the Pork Chops.