Keto Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
One of my all-time favorite appetizers is Spinach and Artichoke Dip, and I was so excited when I discovered how to finally make it at home. The homemade recipe is so much better than the institutionalized stuff they serve you at the restaurant, and you can make it with even fresher ingredients.
My main gripe about most Spinach Dips in general is that they tend to use Frozen Spinach, which for me just has a strange quality about it. I prefer to use FRESH Spinach, which is why this recipe is cooked mostly on the stove top in a skillet, rather than just blended up in a bowl and shoved in the oven to bake.
I would love to hear your feedback in the comments below about how this recipe turned out for you, and I would be curious to see how many of you enjoy it even more with the Baby Portabella Mushrooms like I do. They just add that little bit of extra to the dip that I think it is missing otherwise, so that you don’t feel like you are literally feeding your face with a plate of hot cheese.
We like to dip Celery stalks into it at our house, but you could get creative and use things like sliced Raw Zucchini, Raw Broccoli Florets, or other keto-friendly vegetables too.
KETO SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Moderate
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes Fried
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 6 Baby Portabella Mushrooms (optional)
- 10 Ounces Fresh Spinach
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 12 Ounces Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Chives
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan & Romano Cheese
- Heat up a large skillet to 300*F and melt the Salted Butter.
- Add in the Minced Garlic and let it sizzle for a minute.
- If you are using the optional Baby Portabella Mushrooms, add those now and sautee and stir for about 5 minutes before adding the Spinach.
- Add the Spinach (If you are not using the mushrooms you can add the spinach right after you sizzle the Garlic for a minute.
- Allow Spinach to wilt and stir occasionally (but do not cover it or you will make your recipe a little soggy.
- Add in the Softened Cream Cheese, that is cut into 1″ squares to allow for easier melting.
- Add the Marinate Artichoke Hearts (preferrably cut up).
- Stir the ingredients together until the Cream Cheese is almost completely melted into the mixture.
- After the Cream Cheese is melted, add in the Sour Cream and the Chives.
- Stir the mixture together until it is evenly melted and mixed.
- Sprinkle in half of the Parmesan and Romano Cheese, and little more than half of the Mozzarella Cheese.
- Stir this together well and allow to bubble over Medium Heat, while continuing to Stir.
- When the mixture is looking cooked to your liking, sprinkle the remaining Parmesan and Romano Cheese as well as the remaining Mozzarella Cheese on top and place in the over on BROIL for about 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese on top is bubbly like Pizza.