Keto Strawberry Chocolate Mini Pies Recipe
Our Keto Strawberry Chocolate Mini Pies are a fantastically flavorful Summertime treat. When the strawberries are in their peak season, they taste especially good. Plus, this type of Keto-friendly Dessert recipe can be made for those who don’t even eat Keto, and they will like it too.
Strawberries are one of the few fruits that you can eat in moderation when living a Keto lifestyle. If you wish to experiment with this recipe to make either Blackberry, Raspberry, or Blueberry versions of it be our guest! The recipe is versatile and adaptable, so it should turn out delicious with either choice (though blueberries would likely be a little higher in net carbs).
The Lily’s Dark Chocolate is optional in this recipe, so you wouldn’t need to include it if you are really just looking for a plain fruit pie. We just happen to think that chocolate and strawberries go pretty good together.
As far as the sweetener, we prefer to use Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener, though I am certain this would turn out alright if you used something else if you have another preference. It will be up to you to convert the quantities needed if you choose to use something else, so for your info the Classic Monkfruit measures equally to sugar.
KETO STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE MINI PIES
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 35 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 Hour and 5 Minutes
- 12 Ounces Fresh Strawberries
- 2 & 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Cup Grass-Fed Butter
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- 6 Tablespoons Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 & 1/2 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Ounce Lily’s Dark Chocolate
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Cut tops and stems off of Strawberries, then dice them and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 Tablespoon of Xanthan Gum and 1/4 Cup of water, then set aside.
- In a Large Sauce Pan over Medium-Low Heat add the 12 Ounces of Strawberries, 3 Tablespoons of Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener, 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice, and a pinch of Salt, and 1/4 Cup of Water. Heat and stir gently until all of the Monkfruit Sweetener is dissolved.
- Add the Xanthan Gum mixture from earlier, and whisk into the Strawberry filling over Medium-Low Heat.
- Using the whisk or another instrument, smoosh the Strawberries to desired chunkiness and continue to cook for about 5 more minutes, or until it thickens.
- Remove the Strawberry Pie Filling from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Pre-heat your Oven to 350*F.
- Use a grater to finely shave 1 Ounce of Lily’s Dark Chocolate Bar, and set aside.
- In a Large Mixing Bowl combine 2 & 1/2 Cups of Almond Flour, 1 Cup Coconut Flour, 2 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum, 3 Tablespoons of Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener, and 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Cut up 1 Cup of Grass-Fed Butter into small pats, and add to the dry mixture. Fold the butter in continually until the crust becomes clumpy.
- Slowly pour 1/2 Cup of Cold Water into the mixture, a little at a time while stirring or folding the dough. Stop once you have reached the desired doughy consistency.
- Lightly grease a 12-count Muffin Pan, and fill each cavity with about 2 Tablespoons of dough mixture. Press the dough around the bottom and the edges firmly to create space for your Pie Filling (but don’t fill them just yet).
- Bake the Crusts at 350*F for about 7-8 Minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Fill each Pie Crust to the top, and then bake them again for about another 10-15 minutes. Wait until the edges of the crust are slightly brown, but be careful not to burn them.
- Remove the Pie from the oven, and allow to cool for a few minutes, and then top with the shaved Dark Chocolate.
NOTE: For easiest removal from the Muffin Pan, you should wait for the pies to completely cool so they can set and harden. If you try to remove them straight away they will be too soft to consistently come out in one piece.