Keto Stuffed Peppers Recipe
This Keto Stuffed Peppers Recipe is a simple and filling dish that packs in the meat and veggies. I personally like to make these with even more cheese on top, so that they come out the oven like a bubbling hot pizza.
Traditionally when people make the normal version of Stuffed Bell Peppers they include Rice as a filler in with the meat and onions, but since we are not able to eat Rice on Keto I had to exclude that. Additionally, I did not think it would be as good if there was riced cauliflower substituted in place of the normal rice, so I left that out. Instead I used two kinds of meat, the Grass-Fed Ground Beef and the Italian Sausage. I prefer to make this with Hot Italian Sausage so that the dish has some nice spice to it.
Feel free to make your own variations, as I have seem people make Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers before too, which sound like a delicious idea to me. This is one of those Keto Dinners that can just be made various ways and it always turns out great.
KETO STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 70 Minutes
- 1 LB Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 4 Links Italian Sausage
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded)
- 1/2 Parmesan Cheese (Shredded)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Yellow Bell Peppers
- 3 Green Bell Peppers (1 Diced for Filling)
- 1 Cup White Onion (Diced)
- 1 Cup Rao’s Marinara Sauce (Diced)
- 2 & 1/2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 TSP Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 TSP Black Pepper
- Prepare the Filling for the Keto Stuffed Peppers by Dicing 1 Cup White Onion, and 1 Green Bell Pepper.
- Add 1 & 1/2 TBSP of Olive Oil to a frying pan and then Brown 1 Pound of Grass-Fed Ground Beef, and set aside.
- Brown 4 Italian Sausage Links (Hot Italian Sausage is my personal recommendation), and set aside.
- Prepare 6 Bell Peppers to be stuffed by cutting off the tops, de-seeding them, and then cutting their bottoms to be flat (so they sit in the pan best). This also creates little holes in the bottom of the Bell Peppers for the extra juices to run out of so that your Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers do not get to runny or soggy.
- Grate 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (More if you prefer), and 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese.
- In a Frying Pan, add 1 TBSP Olive Oil and the Diced Onion and Bell Pepper. Saute for a few minutes before adding the browned Ground Beef and browned Italian Sausage.
- Season with Black Pepper and Himalayan Salt to taste.
- Pour in 1 Cup of Rao’s Marinara Sauce, and sprinkle with 2/3 of the Mozzarella Cheese and the Parmesan Cheese. Stir together until the cheese is fully melted.
- Place the 6 Bell Peppers into a baking dish, and spoon the filling equally into each of them. Top with the remaining Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- Cover the Baking Dish with Aluminum Foil, and Bake in the oven at 375*F for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the Aluminum Foil and Bake for an additional 20 minutes at the same temperature.
- Serve as-is or sprinkle with additional cheese on top if desired to make them extra cheesy.