Keto Sugar Cookies Recipe
These Keto Sugar Cookies are an instant classic around many households. Perfect to set out for any holiday year round, kids and adults alike will find it hard to resist standing by the tray and eating them until they are gone. They make a great Keto-Friendly Dessert, as well as a tasty snack.
My wife used to swear by those prolific store-bought sugar cookies that you would find all the time at the grocery store with various colors of frosting (depending on the time of year it seemed). Now that we have been eating Keto for a long time, we have figured out ways to make some of our favorites, and even our guilty pleasures like these Keto Sugar Cookies.
We hope that you enjoy this recipe, and be sure to comment at the bottom of the page to let us know what you think of them. How do you make your very own Keto Sugar Cookies at your house?
KETO SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 Minutes
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1.5 Cups Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit
- 3/4 Cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Flour
- 12 Ounces Grass-Fed Butter (Softened & Divided)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract (Divided)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- In a Large Mixing Bowl combine the 2 Cups Almond Flour, 2/3 Cup Coconut Flour, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, and 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda. Whisk the dry ingredients together to blend nicely.
- In a Large Mixing Bowl on a Stand Mixer combine 4 Ounces Softened Butter, 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, and 3/4 Cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener. Mix together until all of the ingredients are creamed together.
- Add the 2 Eggs, 2 Teaspoons of the Pure Vanilla Extract, and 1/4 Teaspoon of Almond Extract, and mix together.
- Begin slowly pouring the dry flour mixture into the stand mixer, allowing time in between pours for the ingredients to incorporate well.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on your counter, and take the cookie dough from the stand mixer and form a ball in the center of the plastic wrap. Tightly wrap the plastic wrap around the dough, and place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill and firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Remove the Dough from the refrigerator, and dust your counter or work surface with a little bit of Coconut Flour to help prevent the dough from sticking to it.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 1/4″ thick sheet.
- Use a cookie cutter, or the rim of a round drinking class to cut out your cookies. You will need to reform the dough after cutting out the cookies, and then roll it back out and cut some more. You should be able to make 15-20 cookies depending on the size of how you cut them.
- Line some baking sheets with parchment paper to help prevent the keto sugar cookies from sticking to them while baking.
- Bake the cookies @ 350*F for 13-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven an allow them to cool before icing.
- In a stand mixer add 8 Ounces of softened Grass-Fed Butter, 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream, and 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract. Mix the butter together until smooth. Add in 3/4 Cup of Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit and mix well, then pour in the remaining 3/4 Cup of Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit and mix some more until the frosting forms.
- If desired you can add some drops of food coloring of your choice to give the cookies some color. You can even divide the frosting into different bowls and color them different colors to be extra festive.