Keto Taco Dip Recipe
Here is a Keto Taco Dip Recipe that you can make at home, bring to potlucks, or serve as a snack or appetizer for a Tailgate Party. Your friends who don’t eat Keto will enjoy this too, and you can dip the cheese chips in it or even pork rinds too. Your friends can still dip regular tortilla chips into it, but they will probably be more interested in your cheese chips than those plain corn tortilla chips. Word of Advice: Make a LOT of chips if you are having friends share this, because they might go through them quickly.
The cheese chips are simple to make, but I have seen some people deviate from the instructions and end up messing them up. You HAVE to bake them on parchment paper, as they will stick to the non-stick baking sheet, aluminum foil, and even wax paper. I also like to use a variety of cheeses when I make the chips, partially for color, but also for flavor differences. By far my favorite flavor of cheese chip is the Pepper Jack ones. You should typically use low-moisture cheeses here to get the best results, like Sharp Cheddars and Pepper Jack Cheese. If you use cheeses with too much moisture they will not crisp up properly. Also, to make them extra crispy be sure to let them start to cool on the counter for a couple minutes and then blot the tops of them dry with a paper towel and then put them on a plate with a paper towel underneath. Soaking up the grease from the cheese will help make the cheese chips crisper if you want them that way.
For parties you probably don’t want everyone sticking their hands in your taco dip bowl, so you should probably set a large serving spoon in it so that people can scoop the taco dip out and put it on their individual plates and then take some chips or pork rinds to dip into it at their leisure.
KETO TACO DIP RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 8oz Ground Sirloin
- 16oz Avocados or REAL Guacamole
- 10 ounce Can Fire Roasted RoTel (drained)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- 12oz Sour Cream
- 1oz Sliced Black Olives
- 1 Fresh Jalapeno
- Sliced Cheddar and Pepper Jack Cheese for Chips
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Pre-heat the Oven to 350*F.
- On a Large Baking Sheet place Parchment Paper on top to prevent cheese from sticking to the Baking Sheet.
- Take Deli Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheeses or Pepper Jack Cheeses in any assortment you like and cut them into triangle shaped Quarters. Depending on how large your Baking Sheet is will determine how many of these you can cook at a time. On my giant Wilton Baking Sheet I can fit about 6 full slices at a time.
- Bake the Cheese Triangles in the oven for about 8 to 9 minutes and remove and place on counter for a couple minutes to begin cooling.
- Before the Cheese Triangles are completely cooled off blot them with a paper towel to remove excess grease from the top and then put them on top of a plate with a paper towel underneath them to remove excess grease from the bottom. This will produce crispier chips. If you want the chips to be softer or retain their grease for elevated macros, then feel free to not blot them.
- In a small skillet on Medium High Heat cook the Ground Sirloin, and season with the Cumin, Chili Powder, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder. Cook thoroughly.
- In a large bowl (glass if you prefer your guests to be able to see the layers) put the avocado spread on the bottom, then sour cream, then half of the shredded cheese.
- Add in the Ground Sirloin, then cover in Shredded Cheeses, Avocado, Sour Cream, and then top with the Rotel Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Sliced Jalapeno, and Sliced Black Olives.
SPECIAL NOTE: Feel free to improvise on this dish all you want. Try different toppings on the dip to your own liking, experiment with various sliced cheeses for the cheese chips, and more! The nutrition facts are strictly for the Keto Taco Dip, if you stick to Sharp Cheddar Cheeses and most Pepper Jack Cheeses for the Cheese Chips those should have no additional Carbs in them, same if you choose to use Pork Rinds to dip into this.