Keto Taco Pie Recipe
Keto Taco Pie is so good and easy to make that it just might become a weekly staple in some households. Sometimes the most satisfying meals are not the most complicated to make, and I think that’s why anything that resembles a casserole has that quality to it.
Another great thing about this keto-friendly recipe is that it makes a delicious and easy meal prep to refrigerate and eat throughout the week. It’s even yummy enough to sneak a piece for breakfast sometimes too.
When it comes to the seasonings and the toppings, feel free to improvise with your own favorites. I know that there will be some people out there who can’t handle spicy foods, so they might omit the salsa or the cayenne pepper from the recipe, but overall in my own opinion this dish isn’t even spicy at all. I personally like to put some extra heat on it when it’s done by putting some Valentina Hot Sauce on top too.
In the step where you add the cooked Ground Beef to the Egg mixture, I tend to strain off the excess fat that gets rendered from the ground beef. I know that lowers the fat content of the dish, but it does help make the whole recipe set a little firmer in the oven so it seems easier to judge when it is fully cooked. After all, you don’t want to overcook the eggs, especially if you plan to re-heat some of this later for meal prep or left overs.
KETO TACO PIE RECIPE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 1 Hour
TOTAL TIME: 1 Hour & 10 Minutes
- 1lb Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese (Shredded)
- 4 Free-Range Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Green Onions (Diced)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar-Free Salsa
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Diced Green Onion
- Diced Avocado
- Sour Cream
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350*F.
- In a Large Frying Pan over Medium-High Heat brown 1 Pound of Grass-Fed Ground Beef.
- After the Beef is lightly browned season it with 1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic, 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder, 2 Teaspoons Cumin, 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder, 1 Teaspoon Paprika, 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, and 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalyan Salt.
- After the Beef is fully cooked, remove from the heat and set it aside.
- In a Large Mixing Bowl combine 4 Large Free-Range Eggs, 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream, 2 Green Onions (Diced), 1/2 Cup Sugar-Free Salsa, 1/2 Cup Colby Jack Cheese (Shredded), and season with 1/2 Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt.
- Whisk the contents of the bowl together completely, and then add the cooked Ground Beef into the mixture and stir to combine.
- Lightly spray a Casserole Dish or Pie Pan with some Avocado Oil Spray or grease with some grass-fed Butter, and transfer the contents of the Mixing Bowl into the Casserole Dish.
- Top the Taco Pie with the remaining 1/2 Cup Colby Jack Cheese (or more if you desire).
- Bake in the oven until firm and the center is no longer jiggly (approximately 45 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before cutting into slices.
- Top with your favorite toppings. We happen to like some sliced Avocado, Green Onions, Sour Cream, and sometimes some Valentina Hot Sauce to kick up the heat.