Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
The craze for Chicken Wings is never ending it seems, and there’s always the debate on Bone-In or Boneless (Boneless isn’t even wings people!). This takes the Boneless Wings concept a step further into fully fledged meatballs that make them easy to snatch up with a fork, or with toothpick or cocktail stick if you are serving them as a snack at a potluck or party.
You don’t have to be on a Keto diet to think these things are tasty, because they are just downright delicious. So much so that we forgot to even make any kind of dipping sauce for them! But if you want, you can always whip up some Blue Cheese or some Ranch to go along with these perfectly sized flavor bombs.
We used Ground Chicken Breast, but these taste even better if you can actually find ground chicken thighs, as those are even closer to flavor to wings. Additionally thighs are higher in fat so they bring the macros more in line with some people’s preferences. We just happen to recognize that finding ground dark meat chicken can be rather difficult at most grocery stores.
KETO BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Easy
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 Minutes
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 Free-Range Egg
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 Green Onions (chopped, tops only)
- 1 TSP Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 TSP Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 TSP Ground Black Pepper
- 2/3 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce (not the Buffalo Wings version)
- 1/2 cup Grass-Fed Butter Salted (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, Almond Flour, green onions, garlic and Pink Himalayan Salt & Ground Black Pepper.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form the mixture into meatballs or you can roll by hand.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, whisk together Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and melted Grass-Fed Butter in a large mixing bowl.
- When meatballs are done baking, allow to cool slightly and toss in the buffalo sauce.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.