Keto Creamy Ham Chowder Recipe
Usually when people think of a Chowder they are probably thinking of a Clam Chowder or a Corn Chowder, but rarely have I seen a nice hearty Ham Chowder. This Keto Creamy Ham Chowder checks off so many boxes of flavor, and fills you up at the same time. This is one of those quick and easy Keto Dinners that you can whip up in one pan with minimal effort.
If you want your Cauliflower chunks to mimic the tender bite of potatoes more so than rice, I suggest that you dice up the stalks of the cauliflower into 1/2″ chunks instead of grating the florets. That would make this more like the potato texture that some people may expect from a traditional chowder recipe.
Similar to our Cheesy Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe, you could also garnish this off with some chopped bacon pieces and some additional shredded Cheddar Cheese.
KETO CREAMY HAM CHOWDER
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 Minutes
- 2 Uncured Ham Steaks
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 2 Cups Cauliflower (Grated)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter
- 1/8 Cup White Onion (Diced)
- 2 Medium Celery Stalks (Diced)
- 1 Medium Carrot (Diced)
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum (Optional)
- Begin by prepping your ingredients, which will include dicing the White Onion, Celery Stalks, Carrot, and Uncured Ham Steaks. Then Shred the Cheddar Cheese, and Grate the Cauliflower.
- In a Large Sauce Pan over Medium-High Heat melt 2 Tablespoons of Grass-Fed Butter.
- Add in the 1/8 Cup Diced White Onion, 2 Diced Celery Stalks, Diced Medium Carrot, and then saute until slightly tender.
- Once the other vegetables are starting to get tender, add in 2 Cups of Grated Cauliflower and stir to coat with drippings from the pan.
- Pour in 2 Cups of Room Temperature Water, and add 2 more Tablespoons of Grass-Fed Butter.
- Season with 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper and 1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt.
- Bring to a boil, and then gently pout in 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Evenly sprinkle in the 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, and then stir to melt into the chowder.
- Next add in the 2 Uncured Ham Steaks and stir everything together before adding in the option 1 Teaspoon of Xanthan Gum (Used for thickening).
- Now you’re ready to serve, Enjoy!