If you are eating Keto or Low-Carb, here is a recipe for Keto Pigs In A Blanket that make a fantastic snack or appetizer. By utilizing a familiar recipe for Keto “Corn” Bread, we are able to make a tasty treat that is reminiscent of Corn Dogs and Pigs In A Blanket.
If you really want to full effect of “Pigs”, we found some silicone molds around Thanksgiving time that were Pig shaped, that are totally cute, and drive home the “Pigs” in a blanket feeling. If you are having trouble finding these molds, you should be able to locate them on Amazon by clicking this link.
When making this recipe, it is important that you use the Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener, and not some of the other store brands that you may find. There are many Monkfruit sweeteners out there that are blended with Dextrose or Maltodextrin, which are not only not Keto-friendly, but those also taste rather bitter and would not measure equally to our listed measurements.
KETO PIGS IN A BLANKET RECIPE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 Minutes
- 2 Uncured Beef Hot Dogs
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Large Free-Range Eggs
- 6 Tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener (Divided)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Avocado Oil Mayo
- 3 Tablespoons Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Avocado Oil Spray (For Coating the Molds)
- If you want to make the “Honey” Mustard Dipping Sauce, prepare this about half an hour before Pre-Heating the Oven.
- In a Small Mixing Bowl combine 1/2 Cup Avocado Oil Mayo, 3 Tablespoons Yellow Mustard, 2 Tablespoons Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener, 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar, and 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper.
- Stir the Dipping Sauce well, and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 425*F.
- Slice Uncured Hot Dogs into small enough pieces to fit into the mold that you are using. We sliced ours into 16 pieces each, but this will depend on the size of the hot dogs that you have available.
- In a Large Mixing Bowl combine 3/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream, 3 Large Eggs, 6 Tablespoons of Melted Grass-Fed Butter, 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour, 2 Tablespoons Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener, 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda, and 1/2 Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt. Mix thoroughly until all of the ingredients are blended into a smooth batter.
- Spray the Silicone Molds with Avocado Oil Spray to prevent the food from sticking to the molds.
- Place the Silicone Molds onto a Large Baking Sheet for support.
- Fill the cavities of the molds half-way with Batter, and place 1 Hot Dog piece into each mold. Top the each one with a little bit of remaining batter to cover the Hot Dog pieces.
- Bake in the Oven for about 14 Minutes, or until the Batter shows that it is Golden Brown and cooked throughout.
- Remove the Pigs In A Blanket from the oven and cool on counter for a couple minutes before removing them from the Molds.