Keto Biscuits And Gravy Recipe
Sometimes we feel like having some Southern Style comfort food for breakfast, especially on the weekends. While this recipe may take a little bit of time to prepare (assuming that you don’t already have some of our Keto Country Biscuits prepared and laying around), it is totally worth it and we dare say it tastes like the real deal.
Growing up as a young kid in the South gave me an appreciation for thick and satisfying comfort foods, and that may have been part of the reason that I was a bigger kid in elementary school. I developed some of my cravings, and unfortunately some of my eating habits down there that I carried with me for the rest of of my life so far. Now that I have switched to eating a ketogenic diet I sometimes have those cravings but don’t want to cave into the cravings and cheat on my diet.
Truth be told, this recipe tastes so good that I have actually begun to prefer the taste of it over the good old fashioned country gravy made with wheat flour. It’s just that satisfying!
Check out this recipe for Keto-friendly Biscuits and Gravy and be sure to leave me a comment about your thoughts! What are your favorite modifications to the recipe that make it taste more like the biscuits and gravy you grew up with too?
KETO BISCUITS AND GRAVY
Ease of Preparation: Moderate (Sausage Gravy is totally easy though)
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- For the biscuits use our recipe here.
- 1 Pound (16 oz) of Mild or Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Salt to Taste
- First you will want to prepare our Keto Country Biscuits ahead of time, click for recipe.
- In a non-stick skillet on High heat add all of the Sausage to the pan and separate with a spatula
- Season the meat with a light amount of Salt and Black Pepper
- Sear or Brown all of the sausage to insure it is cooked properly before adding the remaining ingredients
- Without draining any of the grease from the pan, after the meat is cooked turn the heat down to a Medium temperature
- Add in the Cream Cheese and stir around while it melts
- After the Cream Cheese has mostly melted and been stirred evenly throughout the sausage, pour in the 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Add additional Black Pepper to your liking while simmering the mixture until reduced to the thickness you desire.
- Turn off the heat and scoop out the gravy mixture over our Keto Country Biscuits and serve warm
NOTE: This will produce a rather thick and hearty gravy, which is our personal preference. If you prefer a thinner gravy you can add tap water in small amounts to the mixture to thin it out. If you make it too thin, you can thicken it back up with Xanham Gum if you happen to have any.