Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe
This is a very tasty, and very cheesy Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe that almost anyone would love. By substituting the traditional breadcrumbs for crushed up Parmesan Cheese Whisps, we end up with an extra Parmesan version that tastes even better than the original. If you are looking for a Low-Carb, Keto, or maybe even just a Gluten Free version, this can become your go-to.
The Parmesan Whisps are fairly easy for many people to find, as they sell large bags of them at Costco, and you can often find small bags in the Deli Department at Walmart too. When crushed up or put through the food processor, they have a very similar texture to panko bread crumbs. This alternative is also great for those who do not eat pork, as many of my other fried chicken recipes call for pork rinds instead.
For the Marinara Sauce you can either use Rao’s Homemade Marinara, which often has the lowest carb count, or you can use Mezzetta Marinara which usually costs much less with typically only one more net carb per serving. In total this dish really doesn’t use much marinara, with about 1 serving of sauce spread across 2 servings of chicken.
KETO CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 Large Boneless Chicken Breast (makes 2 servings)
- 1/2 Cup Cello Parmesan Cheese Whisps (Crushed)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parmesan or Romano (Grated)
- 1/2 Cup Mezzetta Marinara Sauce
- 6 ounces Fresh Mozzarella (Sliced into 1 Ounce Slices)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 2-3 Fresh Basil Leaves (optional)
- Preheat the Oven to Broil (Usually about 500*F).
- Start by taking the Chicken Breast and trimming off any Tenders or Rib Meat that may be present, and then cutting the breast down the middle about 3/4 of the way through. Open the breast up to “butterfly” it.
- Place the Chicken Breast between 2 pieces of Parchment Paper (or place in a gallon size Ziploc bag), and either roll it flatter with a rolling pin, or pound it flat with a meat hammer.
- Once you have your Chicken evenly flattened out, place it in a shallow mixing bowl to soak in a mixture of the whisked eggs and Heavy Whipping Cream.
- In a Food Processor or in a Ziploc Bag, add the Parmesan Cheese Whisps and crush until finely ground. Add the Parmesan Whisps to a Large Plate and season with Oregano, Paprika, Salt, Pepper, and Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese and mix together.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil to 325F in a Large Frying Pan.
- Remove the Chicken Breast from the Egg Mixture and gently shake off any excess, and transfer to the plate with the Cheese Whisps mixture. Coat evenly on both sides, and firmly press the coating into the chicken as good as you can.
- Add the Chicken to the Skillet and pan fry on both sides for about 5 minutes each side. Right when you flip the Chicken add 4 TBSP of Butter to the pan on the outer edges.
- When the Chicken is fried on both sides, place on a Baking Dish, and top with abut 1/4 Cup of the Marinara Sauce and the sliced Mozzarella Cheese. Season the Mozzarella with Salt and Pepper, and optionally add some Fresh Basil Leaves for some aroma.
- Broil in the Oven for about 15 minutes, or until fully cooked. The cheese may or may not have time to bubble depending on how long it takes for your chicken to cook all the way.
- Remove from oven, and cover the plate with the remaining 1/4 Cup Marinara Sauce before plating the Chicken Parmesan.