These Keto Crab Cakes are a great low-carb recipe that’s packed with some classic flavor. Rather than being loaded up with crushed up crackers or bread crumbs like a traditional Crab Cake, This Keto version uses some good ole trusty Almond Flour. I keep a big 3 pound bag of Almond Flour on hand in the cupboard at almost all times, because it really is such a versatile ingredient when you are cooking Keto Recipes.
Some people may prefer to use Worcestershire Sauce instead of the Coconut Aminos, but Coconut Aminos are more Keto-friendly than the Worcestershire. You could swap out the Yellow Mustard for some Dijon Mustard for a little different flavor if that is your preference, just read the label to make sure that your Mustard is not sweetened. I used to think that all Mustards were sugar-free but I picked some up at the store to read labels and saw that some actually have sugar in them, and Dijon was a common culprit.
KETO CRAB CAKES RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 Pound Lump Crab Meat
- 1/2 Cup White Onion
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 3 TBSP Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Egg Whites
- 2 TBSP Chosen Foods Avocado Mayo
- 1 TSP Coconut Aminos
- 1 TSP Yellow Mustard
- 1 TBSP Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1 TBSP Old Bay Seasoning
- Dice 1/2 Cup of White Onion, and brown in a skillet over Medium Heat with 2 Teaspoons of Olive Oil. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a Large Mixing Bowl add the 1 Pound of Lump Crab Meat, then add the Browned Onions.
- Then add in the Almond Flour, Egg Whites, Avocado Mayo, Coconut Aminos, Yellow Mustard, Dried Parsley Flakes, and Old Bay Seasoning.
- Stir the mixture until it is thoroughly combined.
- Set some Parchment Paper on a Large Baking Sheet to set the uncooked crab cakes onto, and then scoop out roughly 1/8th of the mixture to form each individual crab cake.
- In a Skillet over Medium heat, warm up 2 Teaspoons of Olive Oil, and then add as many Crab Cakes as you can at a time without them touching each other. Cook on each side for about 3-5 minutes or until Golden Brown.
- Once cooked, serve right away with your choice of a side dish.
Special Note: We added a bonus to this video, showing how to prepare some tasty green beans as a side dish. Please feel free to watch the video below to get the recipe if you wish to try it too.