Keto Instant Pot Chili Recipe
For many people a nice warm bowl of chili is a perfect way to warm you up when it is cold outside. Other people will eat it any time of the year, even every week. Some people like it mild, and others like it spicy. It can be a hard dish to pinpoint exactly what the perfect recipe is, because there are just so many opinions on what goes into the dish or doesn’t. Being that this is a Keto Friendly Recipe for Chili, we obviously have to omit the beans (my least favorite part of normal chili anyhow).
If you do not have an Instant Pot, don’t worry, as you can modify the preparation of this dish to make it either on the stove top or in a Crock Pot too.
I have also noticed that many traditional Chili recipes tend to contain Cinnamon, but I chose to leave that out, and went for more of a “Southwestern” style seasoning mix instead. If you like yours different, by all means make it the way you prefer it. I also like to top mine with Shredded Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream, as well as either Chives or Green Onion (depending on which I have on hand at the time). I will also sometimes add Hot Sauce to it afterwards in my own bowl, so that I can make it as spicy as I want, without committing to make the who batch that spicy for everyone else in the house.
KETO INSTANT POT CHILI RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 3 Pounds Diced or Ground Beef
- 20 Ounces Rotel (Drained)
- 3 Cups Beef Bone Broth
- 1 Medium White Onion (Diced)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (Pressed)
- 3 Jalapeno Peppers (Diced)
- 2 TBSP Avocado Oil
- 3 TBSP Chili Powder
- 2 TBSP Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
- Sour Cream (Optional)
- Chives or Green Onion (Optional)
- Prepare the Meat and Vegetables by dicing them into small 1/2″ or smaller diameter chunks.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute setting and add in 2 Tablespoons of either Avocado Oil or Olive Oil.
- Add in the Diced Onion and Diced Jalapeno Peppers and saute about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in the Pressed Garlic and continue to saute until the onions start to become slightly translucent.
- Add the 3 Pounds of Diced Beef and saute until almost browned on the outside. Salt and Pepper the meat to taste. You do not need to overly cook it.
- Remove the mixture from the Instant Pot and drain out the rendered fat and juices and set the mixture aside for now.
- Add 1 Cup Beef Bone Broth, 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder, and 2 Tablespoons Cumin and stir into paste.
- Add in the remaining Cups of Beef Bone Broth and stir well.
- Add the Meat mixture back into the pot and stir well.
- Drain the can of Rotel until almost all of the liquid has been removed. Add the Rotel to the chili and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and close the vent.
- Cook for 15 minutes, and turn the Instant Pot off and open the vent carefully.
- Serve as-is, or with your choice of toppings, such as our suggested Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, and/or Green Onions or Chives.
- You can store the leftovers int he refrigerator for at least 3 days, or freeze and leftovers you wish to have later than that.