Keto Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
I don’t think I have ever met someone who doesn’t like pizza, but I have met people who can’t agree on what type of crust to order, or what toppings to put on it. Keto is generally the type of diet that you have to refrain from eating pizza, but that is only in the traditional sense. Here is a keto-friendly recipe that you can indulge on and still stay in ketosis. Just make sure that you don’t sit down and eat the whole thing at once (Though I doubt you could with how dense this pizza is).
This dough isn’t made with Cauliflower either, so if you’re tired of that you can rejoice! The dough is based on the popular Fat Head style bread, with some twists in the recipe to make it more flavorful as a pizza crust. This makes the pizza crust on the bottom very flavorful, and incredibly filling at the same time. I am a hungry grown man, and I struggled to eat 3 slices of this pizza for dinner (The whole pizza makes 8 slices).
You can put whatever toppings that are keto-friendly on this pizza if you wish, it is obviously not restricted to having to be a pepperoni pizza only. I would be excited to read in the comments what your favorite keto-friendly pizza toppings are so that we can all be inspired to try new things each time we make this pizza at home.
KETO PEPPERONI PIZZA RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 3 Cups Mozzarella Cheese (Divided)
- 3 Ounces Cream Cheese (Cut into squares)
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Romano Grated Cheese
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Mezzettas Marinara Sauce or Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- 1 & 1/4 Cup Mozzarella or other Cheese Blend of your preference (like Provolone, Muenster, etc)
- Pepperoni (Or whatever you like to top your pizza with)
- Combine 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese and 3 Ounces of Cream Cheese into a large microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high power until it begins to melt (approximately 1 minute and 45 seconds)
- Remove from Microwave and stir together. Return to microwave and nuke it again for about 40 more seconds.
- Remove from Microwave again, and stir one last time. The consistency should start to become VERY sticky, and you should not see much unmelted mozzarella cheese. If there are still some unmelted cheese, return to Microwave as needed.
- In a smaller bowl to the side mix together the Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Italian Seasoning, Parmesan Romano Cheese, and Eggs.
- Combine the ingredients from the smaller bowl into the bigger bowl and mix together well.
- Add the remaining 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese on top of the mixture and mix well.
- Set out Plastic Wrap on the counter and dust lightly with Parmesan Romano Cheese (optional).
- Pour the mixture onto the dusted portion of the plastic wrap in the middle, and wrap in the plastic wrap to form a general Ball shape.
- Place the dough into the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes to firm up a little.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425* (adjust as needed per altitude).
- Remove dough from the refrigerator after the desired time (you can leave it in there longer if you wish to make this ahead of time).
- Roll out the dough onto a greased 16″ Pan, and/or cover the Pizza Pan with Parchment Paper.
- Dough should be spread out until about 1/4″ thick all around.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown all over. Be careful not to burn it!
- Remove from oven immediately and set on the counter to prepare the pizza toppings.
- Spread out the 1/2 Cup of Marinara Sauce onto the pizza, leaving the outer 1″ of the crust dry so that you have a dry crust to hold onto later.
- Sprinkle the Mozzarella Cheese or your preferred Cheese Blend on top of the Marinara Sauce.
- Top with Pepperonis, or your own preferred pizza toppings (Pineapple isn’t Keto :-P)
- Bake in the oven at 425*F until the cheese begins to bubble.