Keto Brown Butter Steaks and Mushroom Gravy
The browned butter in these Keto Brown Butter Steaks is probably more flavor than you are expecting. Through the process of browning the butter in a frying pan, it takes on a toffee flavor note that adds a touch of intrigue to this meal. This is definitely one of those Keto-friendly recipes that we will be making at home often.
If you are in a rush to make dinner, you CAN skip the part of the instructions where we choose to leave the steaks in the refrigerator for 6 hours, but I would suggest prepping this the night before instead so they can sit overnight and be ready the next night for you. That way the steaks themselves have time to sit with the seasonings too.
We usually serve this with a side of sautéed green beans or even some roasted asparagus, but feel free to serve this with your own choice of side dish (as long as it’s Keto) or you can just eat this as it is right out of the pan.
KETO BROWN BUTTER STEAKS AND MUSHROOM GRAVY
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 25 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 Minutes
- 1 Pound Ribeye Steak (Thin Cut)
- 6 Ounces White Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Kerry Gold Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Chives
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- Take 1 Pound of Ribeye Steak (sliced thinly) and chop it up into 1 Inch sized chunks.
- In a Shallow Pan take the Ribeye Steak pieces and add 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic, 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, 1/4 Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt, and 1 Teaspoon of chopped Chives.
- Cover the pan and let it sit in the refrigerator for about 6 hours to marinate, you can even leave it in the refrigerator overnight if you please.
- When you are ready to cook the meal, quarter 6 Ounces of fresh Mushrooms, and chop up some fresh Rosemary.
- In a Frying Pan over Medium-Low Heat, add 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil, and bring up to temperature.
- Arrange the Steak Pieces evenly across the bottom of the pan, and cook for about 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, turn the Ribeye Steak pieces over and add the mushrooms to sauté.
- Transfer sautéed Steaks and Mushrooms to a serving dish, cover and set aside.
- Heat up a Frying Pan and add 1 Cup of Kerry Gold Grass-fed Butter (I prefer Salted, but use which ever one you prefer), 1 Teaspoon Chives, 1 Teaspoon Dried Minced Onions, 1 Teaspoon Parsley Flakes, 1 Teaspoon Fresh Rosemary, and 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic.
- Stir together continuously, the butter may foam while simmering and. that is okay.
- Once the foam from the Butter starts to clarify, the butter should turn a light brown or caramel color. Once the butter has changed to this color, stir once more and then remove the Frying Pan from the heat.
- Pour the Brown Butter Gravy over the Steak and Mushroom Pieces, cover the dish again and let it sit for about 10 Minutes to allow the steak to absorb the flavors.