Keto Cauliflower Breadsticks Recipe
Our recipe for Keto Cauliflower Breadsticks is a crowd pleaser, and so delicious that our non-Keto friends enjoy eating it too. Maybe that’s because it’s kind of hard to go wrong when you’ve got something that tastes this good. The breadstick dough is also a great nut-free alternative to our usual Fathead style dough which would contain either Almond Flour or Coconut Flour.
There are a few steps in this recipe that are crucial for making sure that the dough turns out right, and one of them is that you must strain the cooked cauliflower with a cheese cloth. Doing this releases most of the moisture from the cauliflower and prevents the dough from becoming a soaking mess. The next most important step is to make sure that you only use Parchment Paper to line your baking sheet. If you use cooking spray, aluminum foil, or wax paper be prepared for the dough to stick and ruin your meal.
If you do have an allergy to nuts, as I often get questions from the audience about, avoid the Pesto in the sauce since that is traditionally made with Pine Nuts. Otherwise feel free to drop some suggestions or comments below at the bottom of the page.
KETO CAULIFLOWER BREADSTICKS RECIPE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 25 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 Minutes
- 2 Cups Cauliflower (grated)
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 4-6 Slices of Large Uncured Pepperoni
- 2 Large Free-Range Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter (melted)
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons Granulated Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
Dipping Sauce (Optional)
- 15 Ounces Rao’s Sensitive Marinara Sauce
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Pesto
- 2 Tablespoons Romano Cheese (grated)
- Place 2 Cups of fresh Cauliflower into a Food Processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer the Cauliflower into a suitable Microwave-safe Bowl and fill with water just up to the Cauliflower line, and cook on High for about 6 minutes. (Cooking time will vary depending on the wattage of the microwave oven, but cook until the Cauliflower is tender).
- Strain the water away from the Cauliflower and transfer the Cauliflower into a cheese cloth for further straining.
- Twist the cheese cloth and press out the remaining liquid, and set aside for later.
- Shred 1 & 1/2 Cups of fresh Mozzarella Cheese and separate into two parts. First part will be 1 Cup and the second part will be 1/2 Cup.
- Shred 1 & 1/2 Cups of fresh Parmesan Cheese and separate into two parts. First part will be 1 Cup and the second part will be 1/2 Cup.
- Shred 2 Tablespoons of Romano Cheese.
- Pre-heat the Oven to 450*F.
- Line a Large Baking Sheet with a piece of Parchment Paper. Do not use Wax Paper or Aluminum Foil. The parchment paper prevents the breadsticks from sticking to the baking sheet.
- In a Large Mixing Bowl add the 2 Cups of cooked Cauliflower, 2 Large Free-Range Eggs, 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning, 2 Teaspoons Granulated Garlic, and 1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt.
- Stir ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Place the mixture onto the center of the Parchment Paper, and press it into a rectangular shape.
- Bake at 450*F for about 15 Minutes.
- Prepare the Sauce by taking 15 Ounces of Rao’s Sensitive Marinara Sauce, 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic, 2 Tablespoons Pesto, and 2 Tablespoons Grated Romano Cheese and putting it all in a Sauce Pan.
- Heat on Medium Heat and stir.
- When the Breadsticks have baked for 15 minutes, remove them from the oven and brush them with 3 Tablespoons of melted Grass-Fed Butter.
- Sprinkle the Breadsticks with 3 Tablespoons of Parsley, 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, and add 4-6 large slices of Uncured Pepperoni.
- Place back in the oven at 450*F and keep a close eye on it. Bake until the cheese has fully melted on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before slicing with either a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
- Serve with a side of the Marinara Sauce and enjoy!