Keto Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipe
You’ll enjoy this rich and hearty Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe, both as a stand-alone soup dish and as an ingredient in some of your favorite crock pot or casserole recipes. Canned Cream of Mushroom Soup is a staple in many American recipes, and one of the absolute must-haves more many Crock Pot recipes too. It’s also just so delicious by itself, being so rich and creamy.
I consider this recipe to be quite simple, as the ingredients list is limited, but it does take some time to reduce down on the stovetop. Plan on this taking about 1 full hour from start to finish so that you do not feel rushed to shortcut the simmering process.
If you follow the recipe as written, you will have a nice and ready to eat soup. If you would like to thicken the recipe so that it has more of a consistency of Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup you will need to add in Xanthan Gum little by little and stir until you get the consistency that you want. This will make some of your dishes has a truer texture later on if they call for condensed soup.
In this soup I call for the Kettle & Fire Mushroom Chicken Bone Broth, which has a robust flavor to it. I have been finding this locally at Sprouts, Kroger, and Whole Foods, so it may be available in your local area too. If not, you can get by with a good Chicken Bone Broth, which will probably produce a similar flavor.
KETO CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
Total Time: 70 Minutes
- 5 Cups Baby Portobello Mushrooms (Diced)
- 2 Medium Shallots (Diced)
- 2 Cups Kettle & Fire Mushroom Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 & 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 TBSP Grass-Fed Butter (Salted)
- 4oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Dice up your Shallots and Mushrooms into as small of chunks as you can manage, and set aside.
- In a Large Pot melt down 4 TBSP of Grass-Fed Butter over Medium-High Heat.
- Add in the Diced Shallots and Mushrooms and saute for about 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes is up season with Pink Himalayan Salt, Black Pepper, and Fresh Thyme. Stir for about 1 minute to make fragrant.
- Add in 2 Cups of Mushroom Chicken Bone Broth , 2 & 1/2 Cups of Heavy Whipping Cream, and the Cream Cheese then reduce heat to a simmer for about 45 minutes.
Note: If you wish for this soup to be thicker for some of your casseroles or other recipes later on (like a condensed canned soup consistency) feel free to add some Xanthan Gum to the soup near the end of the cooking process to thicken it up.