Keto Omelette Muffin Recipe
Breakfast can be one of the most hectic meals of the day, especially if you are not into waking up early to get it prepared. If you don’t start your day off on the right track with something that is keto-friendly, you might be tempted to deviate from the plan before your day has already begun. It can be a good idea to keep these Keto Omelette Muffin around so that you have something quick and easy to warm up, or take with you to work.
The idea behind these is that you can make at least a dozen of them at once, and then either refrigerate them for up to 5 days or freeze them and take them out as you need them. I like to make them in a variety of different ways so that there are choices and variety to keep it interesting. You may quickly grow tired of eating scrambled eggs everyday if there isn’t something about them that keeps them sort of new and interesting for you.
I use this recipe just as a guideline to show you that not only can you meal prep your breakfasts for the week (making it a perfect Sunday morning ritual), but you can also improvise and use whatever type of meat and vegetable ingredients you want to put in them. You could chop up some Broccoli or Spinach and put them in some, or use different types of meats that you might have left over from the weekend. The choice is yours, so that you don’t HAVE to make them the same way twice if you don’t want to.
Call them Omelettes, call them Muffins, call them Crustless Quiches…they are just delicious!
KETO OMELETTE MUFFIN RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2 TBSP Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Slices of Bacon
- 4 Ounces of Fresh Pork Sausage
- 4 Ounces of Ham
- 3 Ounces of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Teaspoons of Salsa (Low Carb)
- Coconut or Avocado Oil Cooking Spray
- Shred up some Sharp Cheddar Cheese and set aside.
- Cut up 4 strips of Bacon and cook thoroughly in a non-stick skillet over Medium-High heat, drain grease, and set aside.
- Cook up the Fresh Sausage thoroughly, drain the grease, and set aside.
- Dice up the Ham and set aside.
- Crack 6 Large Eggs into a large measuring cup, add 2 TBSP of Heavy Whipping Cream, and whisk together.
- In a 12-Muffin Pan, spray lightly with Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil Cooking Spray to prevent the meal from sticking.
- In 4 of the cavities place the bacon, in 4 other cavities place the ham, in the remaining 4 cavities place the Sausage.
- Pour the egg mixture equally into each muffin cavity, being sure to leave room at the top for more ingredients and expansion.
- Top each portion with an eaual amount of Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- In half of the cavities spoon in 1 teaspoon each of Low Carb Salsa.
- Cook at 350*F for about 20 Minutes, or until completely cooked, but not until the tops brown. Since we will be heating most of these up later during the week we do not want to overcook them this time around.
- Either serve them warm right away, or place in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Optionally you can freeze as many as you want, and put them in the refrigerator the night before to thaw.
- Reheat any leftovers before eating.
SPECIAL NOTE: Feel free to use whatever preferred ingredients you want to. This recipe is just intended as inspiration to show you that it can be easy to meal prep for your weekly breakfasts so that you don’t have to rush in the mornings to start your day off on the right track.